Chapter 30

Aghanya went to her apartment  to find Kushi at her door. It had been a week since they talked in the hospital. She sighed and let her in.

     "I won't be home often, will you be okay?"

      "Yes. Are you busy with work?"

     "Yes. I'm putting up an exhibition this Saturday."

    "Wow. It must be stressful." Kushi laughed.

      "It is." Aghanya sighed slumping on the bed.

        The door bell rang and Aghanya went to open it. It was Janvi with Dhruv and Viren in tow.

     "I need advice." Janvi said quickly before she could slam the door shut.

     She let them in. Kushi walked out in curiosity to see who it was and frowned.

      "What do you need?" Aghanya asked as cold as possible.

     "I am this close to finding who the killer is." She said.

     "What?"

     "Yes but I can't because he's using hitmen to attack us and I cannot get to him because it's part of an impenetrable organisation."

       "I didn't understand a word you said." Aghanya said and a round of same here went around the room.

     "Veer Rane asked me to marry him."

    "Wait! Rane as in RR party?" Viren asked shocked.

    "Yes."

    "Wow. Good call. I mean, your life would change if you marry in that household." Dhruv interjected.

    "No. You guys don't understand. He is willing to help me find the killer in return I marry him."

    "But why you?" Aghanya asked.

    "I have no idea. So the hitman organisation is owned by his uncle and his cousin will help us if I agree to marry him."

    "Say no." Dhruv said. "Don't get into a fucked up marriage like us."

     Viren scoffed, "My marriage is not fucked up, talk about yourself only."

      "It is." Aghanya cut him off.

     "But how do we find the killer if I don't? He literally is the only way."

      "Did you ask him why he wants to marry you?" Viren asked.

      "No." Janvi said pacing around the room.

    "Is it necessary to find Varun's killer? What will happen if you don't find him?" Aghanya asked.

     Janvi gave her an Are you serious? look, "Did you forget you almost got shot, the car crash, you getting attacked in that hotel, Dhruv getting shot? He's trying to kill you. And he won't stop until we catch him. And if this case goes out of my hands, then no one will find him because powerful people are at play here. And they will kill you."

     A shiver ran through Aghanya's body, "You sound like you care."

    Janvi scoffed, "Ofcourse I do! You're my friend, kind of."

       "Is there really no way other than you getting into this dangerous marriage?"

      "I don't know." Janvi sighed.

      "Let's wait for a week. Let's try to find him on our own. If by this Saturday, we cannot find him, then we'll see what to do." Aghanya said. They all nodded.