Chapter 6

"What will you do if I say she's right in front of me?" Dhruv's eyes bothered her. They were so..so..she couldn't even find the right words.

Aghanya felt anxious in his arms. "Dhruv?" Her heart screamed that it was wrong. She felt like she was betraying someone. She wanted to be out of this mess.

"Fine." He laughed, letting her go. "I was just joking. Don't prepare a rejection speech now."

Aghanya grasped the situation after a couple of situations and she facepalmed herself. "That was such a PJ!" She scolded Dhruv as he kept teasing her about the joke. That was weird, she thought but shrugged it off.

***

"Hey." She entered the room to find him sitting and the tv switched on.

"You're back."

       She walked over to the visitors bed on the side and sat down. She removed her heels and massaged her feet. She was thoroughly and utterly exhausted.

"Have you eaten yet?" She asked and he shook his head sideways and pried his eyes from the tv and looked at her. "What about you?"

"No. I have told one of the maids to procure my clothes and also food. She'll be here in a while." She sighed but his eyes felt as if they were calling her. So she stood up and walked stopping beside him. He took hold of her hand and pulled it ever so lightly so she was sitting beside him on the bed. He then tipped her head so it rested on his chest.

       "You look exhausted, Mrs. Raizyada." He whispered against her hair. His fingers were trailing her cheek and rested on her shoulder where they drew spiral patterns. Aghanya visible relaxed. Her heavy lids drooped and she felt her eyes glue shut.

          "Aghanya?" His voice called out to her. She felt sparks in her body where his fingers rested but she was too tired to take them into heed.

          "Hmm?" That was all she could muster. She rested her head comfortably and pulled her legs so they rested on the bed too and wrapped her arm around his stomach.

        "If you think it's your fault, it's not." His voice was a distant whisper as Aghanya fell deeper into slumber.

***

Later, she woke up when there was a knock on the door. She found Viren sleeping soundly. It was the maid outside the door. She wanted to wake up Viren but it seemed like the sedatives were finally working. She changed into a kurta and leggings, after that, she ate a portion of the food quietly and laid on the visitor's bed .

The bed was uncomfortable and it made her thoughts wander. She wanted the killer behind bars. What about the shooter? Was he the same person or were they different people? Her mind stopped at Diana Hotel. She decided to get her dad contact John uncle and at the least get surveillance footage of the hotel.

***

"Here, beta. The police already took a copy of the stuff." John uncle gave her a PD of the surveillance footage of the main reception area and the floor where the shooter shot.

"Thank you so much, John uncle." She said. John uncle laughed heartily, "No, don't say thank you. I'm obligated to do at least this much. How is your husband?"