Chapter 26

Aghanya found Janvi and Nikhil at the moment and Viren was the one who said Hi excitedly. She narrowed her eyes at that. She didn't know why Viren like her.

      They decided to sit on the beach on a picnic mat. They were all drunk. Aghanya herself felt tipsy. She wanted to lean on Viren but he was siting so far, opposite to her, next to Janvi. Apparently, they were talking about economics, which was boring to Aghanya.

      She felt her head heavy and dizzy. "Woah! Are you okay?" Someone held her forehead before she face planted on the sand. She smiled and looked up expecting it to be him but it was Dhruv. "You're drunk."

   "I'm not." She slurred. Her tongue felt wobbly.

     He laughed. "Yes, you are. Come here, lean on my shoulder for a while."

     "But I don't want this shoulder..." She pouted.

    "Then the other one?"

      She shook her head. He laughed again. "I only have two shoulders, Aghanya."

    "He has one...two...two...too."

     "Are you jealous?" She saw him smile mischievously. "No!"

     "Alright."

          "Hey."

     She looked up to see a guy. He was handsome.

      "What do you want?"

     She whipped her head at Dhruv. He was so cold and rude. He wasn't like the Dhruv she knew.

      "I was just thinking about joining you guys."

"Sureeeee. Join us." Aghanya dragged. "The more the better."

"Aghanya?!" Dhruv hissed at her.

"What?" She pouted. "He's handsome."

A round of laughs went around and Aghanya saw Viren's eyes fall on her. She looked away.

Soon after, after another round of drinks, they had ended up playing spin the bottle.

"So like you have to do something scandalousssss...Don't be a bore." She dragged and everyone agreed.

The bottle landed on Viren. They had lit a bonfire to the side. The fire casted orange hues on Viren as he smiled a lazy smile. Aghanya watched as his hands slipped to the buttons of his shirt, one by one the buttons were popped.

Aghanya gulped, her throat was parched. She was sure a drink wouldn't quench the thirst she was feeling right now. The shirt slipped over his right shoulder as hoots and whistles filled the air. And the other shoulder and it was all off at once.

She stared at his perfect chest, his perfect muscular stomach. Her mind was so boggled by the sight, she couldn't look away. But the thing that burned her was his gaze, as fierce as hers, flaming in embers matching her. She looked away and took a swig out of her beer.

The bottle then landed on the new guy. She didn't catch his name. And he did something that made Aghanya feel like she was hallucinating.

Aghanya nearly puked. The new guy had planted his lips right on Kushi's forehead. And the shocking factor was she didn't push him away. She closed her eyes as if she needed that.

What Aghanya found strange was Dhruv said nothing. She expected him to punch the living shit of that guy but he didn't. He stood up and walked away, his stride radiating anger.