Chapter 16

Aghanya was woken up when she reached her apartment. She refused for Dev and Dhruv's help to stay.

     She entered her apartment. It was still raining. She stripped her clothes and stood under the warm shower for a long time. When she came out, she tried to sleep but couldn't. She put on the TV but the news channels were still flashing her face.

      Switching of her tv. She just sat on the couch watching the city get dowsed.

 She just sat on the couch watching the city get dowsed

      "I'm saying you should talk to her." Said Dhruv. He was seated in a quiet little coffee shop with a steaming mug of mocha. The aroma of coffee filled the air, the rain pattered outside the coffeeshop.

     Viren sighed and backed into his chair, "I do want to do that but I know for sure, she won't let me."

      "She does want you to."

       "What?"

       "She wants you to come talk to her but she's disappointed because she expects you to leave and you do leave."

       "I don't know. Whatever." Viren dragged a hand over his tired face.

      "If you don't go, I'm going to go."

    Viren glared at him, "What do you mean?"

     "Aghanya is a great girl. If you don't want her, there are many others who do." Dhruv shrugged.

      Viren clenched his jaw. "You better not be implying what I'm thinking."

        The waited placed a brown paper with a coffee cup and salty cookie inside, something that Dhruv had ordered.

       "I am. It's your choice. I'm asking for your permission. If you truly want to do nothing with her then leave her. I'll gladly take that spot." Dhruv said and grabbed the bag.

      Dhruv saw Viren's face grow red. He should've seen it coming but he didn't. It happened fast. He was on the floor with a throbbing cheek from the blow landed by Viren.

    "Stay away from her. You get it?"

 You get it?"