Chapter 4

A/N: I'm gonna bribe you all.

vote and comment if you love biryani.

    ***

           Chapter  4

     "Come on baby, do it na!" Aghanya's friend, Saanya coerced her husband. Aghanya watched the drama through the screen of her laptop.

      "No. I'm very busy, jaanu."

      "You're such a genius. It'll take you just ten minutes."

        "But I can't hack into an international social networking app. I could go to jail for that!"

        "Fine. Why don't you just clear the encryption from your office? You work there."

         "So now you're telling me to get fired and go to jail?"

          "Whatever! Aghanya, he says he can't do it." Sakshi pouted through the screen.

       "What?! You had her on video chat all this time?"

       "Yeah."

    "Why didn't you tell me?" He muttered. "Aghanya, I'll see what I can do from the office. Okay?" He smiled at her.

"Thank you!" Aghanya exclaimed.

     ***

Viren checked threw the papers in the bin, it landed with a thump. Another failed investment meeting. He removed his overcoat and sat on his chair, massaging his temples. His phone beeped at the moment and he looked at the flashing message.

Mr. Viren Raizyada Account number 2243xxxxxxx is deducted by ₹7000 by Bay Restaurant and Bar.

Viren sighed. His bank balance was dwindling because of the frequent so called proposal meetings. Viren never faced such a situation in his entire life. He was always pampered and was always surrounded by riches. If he didn't atleast get investments by the end of the year, even his hotel could go under.

Sighing, he stood up and left the hotel office. He went down the staff staircase. The case was affecting his plans too. That reminded him of Aghanya. He texted her, asking about her whereabouts.

Mumbai Art Gallery

Viren frowned at his phone and pocketed his phone. He knew the place very well. He used to invest in a lot of paintings back in the day when he was richer. Now, not so much. Wondering if Aghanya had a keen eye for art too, he got out of the car. He swung open the glass door and walked inside the empty dimly lit room.

"Aghanya?" He called out.

"Here!" Her voice echoed from the back room. He walked in that direction, his shoe tapping the hard floor. Inside the tiny office like room, she sat beside a tall counter table with a mug in her hands.

"Hey." She smiled at him, her face lighting up and her beautiful lips curving upwards. He swore that his exhaustion had vanished at that moment and he felt his worries drip away.

"What are you doing in an empty art gallery?"

"Working." She pointed to the files in her hands.

He frowned and looked at her puzzled. "I didn't know you were into paintings?"

"That's because I'm not" Aghanya winked at him, putting her files away.