Chapter 9

Viren watched her doze off and then slid out of the bed. He put on the news. It was still blasting the news about Aghanya. They were milking out the trope that Aghanya was a lesbian. Something felt out of order to Viren. Why would Aghanya go to Diana hotel? He had no idea. He put off that question to ask her later.

***

Aghanya woke up the next day all sore. The only consolation was Viren was with her. She could feel him tiptoeing around her. She knew he wanted to know about the incident at Diana Hotel so she decided to come clear of it.

Just as she was about to confess, the doors opened and entered John Uncle. She frowned. Her mind questioned the reason he was here.

"How are you Aghanya?" He asked his tone hostile.

"I'm fine. John uncle. What brings you here?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to see how you're faring after ruining my hotel." He dropped all civility.

"It wasn't me who ran a prostitution racket there. It was you." She countered.

"And why do you think I did? It's because people like you enjoy it."

     Aghanya clenched her fists but kept a smile on her face disguising her true emotions. At that moment, the door swung open and Viren walked in wearing fresh clothes. Once his gaze fell on John Uncle, he frowned and his jaw grew taunt.

          "Visiting hours are over. So you should leave." Aghanya heard him say in a faux sweet tone. But it worked. The man left them alone.

        Aghanya swung her legs over the bed and stood up. Stretching she yawned. "I do feel sorry for him though. His hotel is in ruins."

          "Don't. It's not worth it." She noticed the bag he had in his hand all this time. She walked over to the table as he bent down but then winced.

       "Why are you doing all this?! You haven't healed yet!" She held his hand and urged him to sit on the bed.

        Inside the box were sandwiches, she unwrapped them and placed it on the table, taking one, she plopped down beside him.

       "I did hear Diana Hotel is out for sale." Viren said between bites.

      Aghanya eyes widened and she swallowed quickly. "That's perfect!"

     He looked at her confused, she held his forearm, "You can buy it!" She said.

     "What?! I can't." His face visibly grew smaller.

"Why not?"

Seeing him stay quiet, "Is it because of the money? We can use mine." She suggested.

He quickly snapped to look at her, "No." His mouth pressed into a thin line.

"Why? It's a golden opportunity!"

"Are you serious? You got attacked there..."

"So what? It doesn't matter. When it's business, nothing should matter. Let's do it. I can only financially support you, I have no idea how to run a hotel, which you know, so let's do this? Yes? Yes?"

"Yes." He said begrudgingly.

***

      The next day Dhruv came to visit her. Dressed in a blue button up and washed jeans, he was at the door with a bunch of Roses and a charming smile. Aghanya couldn't help but smile too.

      "Hi." He said lightly.

      "I was beginning to think you had forgotten that someone named Aghanya had ever existed." She teased. His light laughter filled the room.