Chapter 5

Since last time worked so well, I'm gonna bribe you guys again.

      Comment if you love gulab jamun.

    ***

     Chapter 5

             You are next.

           I should've been next. Aghanya kept thinking about it inside the taxi. She wasn't allowed inside the ambulance and it was driving her crazy. Her hands shook and her heart hadn't stopped hammering from the past hour. Her hands were bloody from applying pressure to Viren's wound. She informed Paro and Dhruv, telling them to inform others as she had no idea how to barely even function.

        If only, she hadn't bent down, she would've been in that ambulance. That clearly said that someone was trying to kill her. But why? She had done nothing. The threat from Varun's phone also told her that the same person had killed him. Finally reaching the hospital, she walked towards his surgical room but she was stopped. They handed her a couple of forms and Aghanya felt her head swinging.

              "Aghanya what's wrong? Where's Viren?!" Dhruv was the first to come.

        "Oh! Thank God, you're here. Can you handle this....I can't..." She muttered and sat down on the side chair. Soon Paro cams too, Aghanya felt sorry that she had to call Paro late at night. But she was grateful her friend was here.

         Hourly; nurses came to inform her of Viren's condition. She didn't even know how many hours had passed since the incident. Soon, Viren's dad arrived too and was a great help with the formalities. Her parents came too. She almost lost it as she watches her mom shed fake tears. She knew it, because she had watched her movies previously. She kept calm and let her mother act her melodrama.

After a while, Viren was shifted to the recovery room. Finally, the police had arrived. Her mood dropped as she saw it was the female cop.

         "Dee?!" Paro stood up from beside her. Aghanya looked at Paro with surprise, she did remember Paro telling her that her sister was in the force. But she never expected it would twist and end up in her lap.

          "What are you doing here? Is Ma alone at home now that you're here?" Paro's sister questioned Paro.

            "Yes and she's fine. I came here only after informing her." She said to her elder sibling, whose eyes then snapped towards her, "Mrs. Raizyada...We need to enquire you and Mr. Raizyada."

       Aghanya just nodded, "He's still unconscious. But we can talk."

   They found a corner of the cafeteria and sat down.

     ***

       "So you're saying, the killer wanted to kill you but instead shot Mr.Raizyada?" Her eyebrows frowned.

         "Yes, I was standing right in front of him and a second later after I bent down, he was shot."

       She shook her head as if she couldn't believe it, that surprised Aghanya, "Why do you think so?"

        Aghanya kept quiet about the text she had received from Varun's mobile phone.

             "Exactly! You have no proof whatsoever to believe you were the target! Stop making assumptions." She said in a rude tone. Aghanya's lack of sleep, Viren's shooting and all other factors made her snap, her anger was now raging.