21. you think i wanted this?

epilogue...

"What? You think I wanted this!? I wish this could be easy and simple- but nothing ever is with you, is it!? It's always some big eruption because you're a celebrity!" Draco screamed.

"You knew that! You've known that our entire lives! How dare you blame that on me, like it's my fault. Like I asked for any of that rubbish to happen to everyone- to me! I can't believe that after being together for 5 years... for knowing me 13 years, you don't know me at all!!!" Harry exclaimed.

"Merlin! This entire fight-!...it all boils down to the fact that you declined my proposal... why?"

"Why do we have to get married? We are already living together. I tell people you're my partner! Why do you need more?" Harry asked.

"Why? Because, I love you! Because I want to shout to the world that I love you. I want to celebrate our love with all the people we love most in the world... Don't you want to have kids? Don't you want to start a family? Don't you- don't you love me?" Draco was choking, trying to get these words out.

Harry grabbed onto him, and lifted his head up to meet his eyes. "Of course I love you. I'm sorry... Honestly? I never really thought of it like that. Whenever I thought about my wedding day, it made me feel kind of sad. Most people have their parents there for that. Most people have their parents there for every important day in their lives... and the only day my parents were there was my birth- and I don't even remember it."

Harry was tearing up now, but continued, "I know I'm being ungrateful, and I have so many people that love me- the Weasley's, Hermione, Pansy and Wendy, Blaise, Seamus, Dean, Luna, Neville... " Harry ran his fingers across Draco's cheek. "You. But, whenever I've pictured this day it's just been another moment that my parents aren't there for..."

Draco just looked at him, unsure of what to say. I mean what can someone with two loving parents (well... their own kind of loving, but still) say to someone with none? Are there even right words to say? Draco thought, probably not. He has to say something...

"Harry. That fucking sucks." Harry looked up at him in shock. Probably expecting something a lot sweeter from the love of his life.

"Er... what?" Harry sniffled.

"It fucking sucks that you don't have your parents. It sucks that Voldemort was a piece of shit and took them away from you- took all those people you love away from you. It fucking sucks. That's all I can say about your parents not being here. It sucks. But, the thing with having a life partner... we create our own families. I wish with all my heart that I could bring your parents back for you. But, I can't. And you know what?"

"It fucking sucks?" Harry asked, a sad smile on his face. Draco chuckled, taking Harry into his arms.

"Yes, couldn't have said it better myself. I love you Harry James Potter. I want to marry you, I want to grow old with you, and I know that's our plan already... but I want to show the world how much I love you. I promise that I will do everything I can to bring you happiness. Will you marry me?" Draco had pulled out a ring from his pocket and was now down on one knee holding it up to Harry.

"Yes. I will. I love you more than anything." Draco stood up, sliding the ring on his finger and took Harry into a passionate kiss.

"Thank Merlin you said yes. I don't think my ego could handle another rejection." Draco said. Harry smiled and kissed him again.

.

.

.

That night they had plans to go out with their friends. They were a bit late because of the fight and then there was the small fact of the proposal so they were sure they'd be the last to show up. Harry and Draco arrived at the pub and were greeted by the happy exclamations of their friends.

"There you lot are, thought you'd never show up!" Pansy said, hopping up to give the both of them hugs.

"Sorry everyone, we got a bit carried away." Harry said.

"Yikes, mates. We don't need to hear about that." Wendy said, laughing. The others joined her.

"Actually, as lovely as that would have been, we have some news. Draco and I are engaged." Pansy squealed, Hermione actually jumped up for joy and everyone else showed extreme signs of excitement.

"This is incredible! Harry, Draco, I'm so happy for the both of you. You two deserve it." Hermione was tearing up, and hugged them both.

"Congratulations, mates. I mean, gods, think back to 6th year...who would have ever thought... I'm happy for you both." Ron said. Everyone else made their rounds of congratulations and they all took their seats.

"What can I get you folks to drink?" The waitress asked.

"Well, we're celebrating! We'll all take a round of Firewhiskey if you please. That'll be," Pansy did a quick head count of everyone there. "twelve shots! Everyone alright with that?" Everyone gave their agreement, but Hermione spoke up.

"Actually. Eleven, I'll have a water if you don't mind." She said timidly. The waitress walked away and Ron took Hermione's hand.

"Hermione! This is a celebration, c'mon! Give us one good reason why you won't take a shot with us!" Pansy demanded.

"Well, for one, I'm pregnant." She said, smiling. Ron kissed her on the cheek. "We're pregnant... we're going to have a baby!" Once again the congratulations went all around.

"Why didn't you say anything before?" Harry asked.

"Well, we didn't want to steal your thunder, mate." Ron said. "Have we?"

"Of course not!" Draco said. "Now we just have more to celebrate."

.

.

.

About 7 months later...

"Harry, Draco, meet Rose Granger-Weasley" Hermione said, holding Rose out for Harry to hold. Harry grabbed her and had to hold in tears. She's beautiful, He thought.

"I can't believe you guys made a whole person." Draco said, eyes welling with tears too.

"You're telling me, mate." Ron said, looking at Rose in awe. It was quite adorable actually, how much Ron seemed to already love her.

"Harry we were wondering... don't... I mean don't feel pressured or anything. But would you... would you want to be Rose's godfather?" Ron asked him.

"Are you- really? You... I would be honored." Harry said, staring at this little girl in his arms. "Hi Rose Granger-Weasley. Hi. I'm Harry, your godfather. It's nice to meet you." He was crying now. After holding Rose a little longer he handed her to Ron and they said their goodbyes, wanting to let Hermione rest.

"I want one." Draco said, as they were walking hand in hand out the door. Harry smirked.

"Well, I mean we know neither of us can get pregnant... but I mean I can certainly try." He pulled Draco around and kissed him deeply. Draco blushed but smiled wide.

"I'm serious. What do you say after the wedding we start looking for a surrogate?" Harry smiled and couldn't think of anything better than that. His almost husband, and a perfect little baby? All he could do was kiss Draco. They pulled apart and rested each other's foreheads on each other.

"So I know it's not the wedding night but how about I take you to bed?" Harry said, grinning mischievously. Draco smirked back and smiled, intertwining their fingers once more.

.
.
.

"It's so nice to meet you Lily Minerva Potter." Harry said, holding his beautiful baby in his arms. He'd never felt so happy in his entire life.

All was well.