1. surprising, to say the least - september 1998

{Hello everyone! So the first couple chapters Ginny and Harry are dating seriously. Drarry has interactions, and obviously flirting, but don't be derailed this is a Drarry fanfic. However, I respect Ginny's character and actually really love her... when she's not dating Harry... so I include her in a respectful way :) I am planning on making this fairly long I'm not sure how many chapters though, stay tuned!}

It's early in the school year,  the second week of classes.

Harry looked over at his two best friends sitting across from him at the table. Hermione was practically in Ron's lap. They were happy, in love, and stealing kisses off of each other continuously. Hermione was reading a book that Harry didn't care enough to learn the title, and Ron was eating his breakfast.

He looked next to him and saw Dean and Seamus giggling about something, and then looked to the side of Ron and Hermione, to see Luna and Neville holding hands over top of the table. Neville was leaning his head on Luna's shoulder and she was talking about something that he was very clearly not understanding.

It was frankly not something you need to see when you're just trying to eat your eggs.

Yeah, we get it, you're in love. Harry loves Ginny but you didn't see them draped all over each other all the time!

In fact, where was Ginny?

Harry hadn't seen her yet this morning, which was weird considering she was usually the one wondering where Harry was. He decided to leave his friends' mushy gushy love fest and find his missing girlfriend.

"Oi! You two!" Ron and Hermione looked up from each other to Harry.

"What's up, mate?" Ron replied, a bit confused by Harry's outburst.

"I'm going to find Ginny. See you in Potions."

"See you, Harry." Hermione called as Harry had already left the table.

He walked out of the Great Hall and started heading towards the Gryffidor common room, maybe she was just running a little late. He went around the bend and stopped dead in his tracks.

Now, Harry would tell you that it is very hard to shock him. After all, he spent most of his childhood in a war so there was really nothing that anyone could do to surprise him at this point. Or, so he thought.

But, when he turned the corner and saw Blaise Zabini kissing Draco Malfoy he was- well... it was very... surprising, to say the least. He also wasn't sure if you could call it kissing since they were kind of swallowing each other.

He tried to walk by without uh, interrupting them, but they were sitting right by the stairs which Harry needed to walk up in order to get where he was going.  And, Harry being who he is, sort of stumbled as he was heading that way.

Draco and Blaise looked up from their make out session to see Harry Potter dumbly looking over at them.

"Erm... uh... sorry ... you two... I was just uh- just going..." Harry managed to stammer out.

"Why so tense, Potter? Never seen two people kiss before?" Draco replied sneering.

"Of course I have, Malfoy. I just don't particularly want to think about your's or Zabini's mouth." Harry replied, impressed with himself that he didn't stutter at all.

"Well, be on your way then." Blaise replied as he pulled Draco in again.

"Uh-right..." And he started for the stairs.

Harry absolutely had no problem with gay couples, that's for sure. Harry is bisexual so why would he? It's just out of all the people in the world to be kissing each other he would have never guessed Blaise Zabini and Draco Malfoy... ever.