6. the aftermath

Draco

"...and I can't believe I actually did it, I mean how much of an idiot am I? Why didn't I just kiss you, Pansy? I mean at least then people would know it wasn't true and no one would talk about it again. I am the biggest idiot on the face of the planet. I mean what must Harry be thinking right now? I can't even-" Draco had been rambling for a good 10 minutes, ever since they had woke up, to Pansy and Blaise. After Draco grabbed Blaise and dragged them to their room Pansy followed very quickly after, and ended up just spending the night in their dorm.

Pansy and Blaise were just sitting on the bed beside him looking worriedly at each other, wondering when Draco would run out of air.

"Do you think he hates me? Well, of course he hates me, he already did anyway. He probably hates me even more. We were just starting to get along finally and then I ruined it all-"

"DRACO!" Pansy yelled.

He stopped so suddenly he almost fell backwards. "Huh... What?"

"How do you know you ruined everything? You don't know what Harry's thinking. What if he ... liked it?"

"Are you dense? He has a girlfriend and he-"

"Shut up about his girlfriend!" Blaise shouted. "Just because someone is in a relationship doesn't mean that they don't fancy other people. When Potter and I were in the other room, we didn't make out by the way, he hypothetically asked me if he was a bad person because he or in his words, his friend, fancies someone even though his friend is in a long relationship."

"He said that?" Draco asked, hopefully.

"Yes, but you're just a huge ignoramus and you don't let anyone else talk."

"Sorry... well... should I talk to him about the... you know, the kiss?"

"I would wait for him to come to you. He's obviously confused. And even though he said that to Blaise, he does still have a girlfriend."

Pansy and Blaise decided to leave for breakfast while Draco stayed in his room.

"Just relax, I mean Harry's probably freaking out right now." Pansy said as they were leaving.

Harry

Harry was freaking out right now.

Did this mean Draco liked him ??? Draco kissed him. Him!!!  Draco Malfoy kissed him, Harry Potter.

No, it doesn't mean anything... so Draco kissed him. It definitely doesn't mean anything to Draco... and not to him either. No way.

At least that's what he told himself. God, how is he supposed to deal with the aftermath?

The thing that sucked the most was that Harry couldn't get the feeling of Draco's lips off of his own. He kept touching his lips and wiping them but they just kept tingling.

He never felt that way after any kiss with Ginny... but maybe he was just used to Ginny's kisses. She's not a bad kisser, in fact he quite enjoys it! And he loves Ginny! She's amazing... but there's just something about Draco Malfoy that mesmerized him... and he couldn't put his finger on it.

Harry wasn't going to go to breakfast but then he heard his stomach grumble and decided to head down to the Great Hall.

He walked in and everyone looked at him. There were a bunch of murmurs and all eyes were on him.

"Harry!" He looked to see Ron heading over to him with a look of sheer terror on his face.

"What's going on? Are you okay?"