3. the bonding thing- part 1

{This chapter is going to go in between Harry and Draco's perspectives. It will include their friends' opinions and little things like that as well. It will never be in first person though. Enjoy!}

Harry

"That's what we're calling it. Really?" Ron asked his girlfriend dubiously.

"Yes, Ronald, that's what we're calling it. 'The Bonding Thing'. Since people like you are so against it, we have to make it seem all taboo."

"Yeah, because I'm the only one who thinks it's dumb. You agree with me, right Harry?" Ron asked, desperate to not be alone in this. 

"Sorry, mate, I'm with Hermione and Draco on this one," Harry said to his best friend as he looked at Ginny, unbelieving that Ron was so against it, "I think it'll be a good idea. This house against house crap is really dumb." Harry looked back towards him and Hermione. He wasn't just saying this to get points with Hermione, he really thought the whole 'house prejudice' stuff was bullshit.

"Ron, I told you what Draco said to me. He was serious. Just drop your hatred for them already, we're not children anymore. We fought in a war together."

"Yes, we fought in a war! The bloody Slytherins were who we were fighting in the-"

Hermione cut him off. "Ron!" He looked up at her, shocked. "Draco, Pansy and a good amount of Slytherins ended up coming to help us during the battle. And for those who didn't... some of the Death Eaters were their parents, families, Ron! How would you feel going up against your family in war."

Everyone sat silently for a second and Hermione looked quite pleased with herself. Ron looked at her like she had 3 heads, but eventually looked at her with loving eyes and kissed her on the cheek.

"Did I tell you I loved you today?" Ron asked while he took her hand in his own.

"Hmm... I don't know..."

"Well, I do." and he pulled her in for an intimate kiss.

"Okay, okay 'O, brother of mine', I don't need to see you make out with your girlfriend." Ginny said while throwing a piece of bacon at his face. Ron picked up the bacon and ate it. There was a comfortable silence for a while.

"Harry?" Ginny started, "What are you looking at?" she asked her boyfriend curiously.

Harry blushed, in all honesty? He was staring at Draco. He didn't know why but he felt drawn to him for some reason. Since last night he was curious about the blonde haired boy and why he seemed so different this year. Harry had to admit that Draco was really attractive... he was the type of handsome that wasn't thrown in your face but everyone was well aware of. Harry realized it has been a long few seconds since Ginny asked him.

"Oh, uh-uh- nothing... just daydreaming I guess." she shrugged and he thanked God that he was off the hook. Ginny got up and continued "I gotta head to Defense, some students want to practice before class, I'll see you guys." and she kissed Harry's cheek.

Harry smiled and then dropped his gaze back to his eggs.

"What's going on, Harry?" Hermione started, "you've been acting strange all morning." 

"Nothing..." Harry said as nonchalantly as he could. In truth, he was kind of freaking out. Did he... like Draco? No way, he's dating Ginny and he loved her and she's amazing... but as he glanced at Draco he couldn't deny the butterflies in his stomach when they made eye contact for a brief moment.