12. hangover or nightmare

Harry

Harry needed to find Draco. It was the only thing that would solve his memory issues and Hermione's strange behavior. Please don't let it be something embarrassing, Harry silently begged.

He went all over the castle looking for Draco since he wasn't in the common room. He checked the Great Hall- nothing. He checked the library- nothing. He checked the locker rooms- nothing! Then, it hit him. Draco had taken it to sleeping in the Room of Requirement every night... perhaps he was still asleep. He made sure he had the other hangover potion Hermione gave him and made his way.

As he was walking up towards the room he realized that if Draco is already using the room...would he be allowed to come in? Maybe if he told the room that he really needed to talk to Draco?

And, that worked! The room opened up and there Draco was, sleeping on the bed.

"Um... Draco?" Harry said quietly. Nothing. "Draco?" He said a little louder this time. Draco shot up from his pillow and looked confusedly around the room.

"Harry? Ow! Merlin, my head." He said, rubbing his temples. Harry laughed softly and handed him the hangover potion.

"I thought maybe you'd need this. You can thank Hermione." Draco smiled, graciously accepted the potion, and then downed it.

"Thanks for that... so... what are you doing here?" Draco said, looking down at his own lap.

"Well... I'm here to talk about last night." Harry said, hoping his anxiety wasn't clear in his voice. Draco looked up at him meeting Harry's eyes with fear.

"What... about it?" Draco asked.

"Well, the thing is. I can't remember most of last night. Apparently I took a lot of shots and I was ridiculously drunk and-" Harry was cut off by Draco.

"There is no 'apparently' about it, Potter. You were definitely very drunk." Draco gave him a soft smile.

"Yes, well, anyway... Hermione won't tell me what is missing from my drunken memories... she told me I needed to ask you... and I can't tell if this is a hangover or nightmare." Harry finished shyly.

"Oh... well... I'm not too sure you want to hear it," Draco laughed, "you were quite insane." Harry blushed.

"Please, Draco. Tell me what happened!" Harry begged.

"Why don't... why don't I just show you?" Draco grabbed Harry's hand, muttered a cleansing spell over himself and led Harry out of the Room of Requirement.

.

.

.

.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked.

"McGonagall's office... the pensieve. I'll just show you the memory." Harry took a sharp inhale of breath. He thought he might die of embarrassment because he knew that Draco was about to show him was going to be very bad... very, very bad.

When they got to her office Draco looked expectantly at Harry.. as if Harry had the password... He did... but a risky game to play.

"How did you know that I'd have the password?" Harry asked him. Draco chuckled.

"Because you're the 'Golden Boy', Potter." And Draco winked at him.

"Lemon drops." Harry said and smiled sadly to himself and then watched as the office revealed itself.

"Potter, Malfoy. May I ask what this intrusion is about?" McGonagall asked calmly.

"Sorry, Pro- Headmistress. We were wondering if we could use your pensieve? We have some... um... memories we need to work out." Harry said as he looked awkwardly in Draco's direction.