4. the bonding thing- part 2

Hello! This chapter has some fun games in it hehe.... and yes it'll be predictable but it wouldn't be an 8th year fic without it. Enjoy!(;

Harry

This day was not going at all how Harry had originally thought. First, Draco apologized to him, then they shared this intimate hug... moment... thing... and now every time he looked at Draco he got this weird feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Second, Draco was the first to share at 'The Bonding Thing'.

Then when he heard Draco talking about what he had been through... all he wanted to do was just give him a hug and tell him everything was going to be okay.

That's weird. You see, up until yesterday the only thoughts Harry had about Draco Malfoy were homicidal... okay, so yeah he thought he was hot... and during the war things did change kind of... but not like this...Now everything was different and he couldn't explain why, just that it felt normal. Like this was the way he was supposed to feel all along.

After Malfoy, Susan Bones started talking about how she feels like people don't acknowledge the fact that she was in the war too, she watched people die too. She lost loved ones just like everyone else.

A few more people spoke and Harry was very determined to not talk at 'The Bonding Thing'. He didn't know what to say. Harry had lost more people than you can count on one hand. But, so had everyone. Harry fought in a war. But, so had everyone. Sure, he was The Chosen One, but that didn't make him any better than anyone else. People knew his story, it was in ever article for months...

Eventually everyone got to say what they wanted and began talking about this or that among themselves. Some people were starting to feel a little fuzzy from the Firewhiskey, and Hermione cleared her throat. "Harry, do you want to add anything?" Harry cringed. He was so close.

"Uh, nope. I think you you lot covered it." He did a little fake cough to hide the fact that his voice was stuttering a bit.

"Oh, come on. 'The Savior' has nothing to say?" Pansy said with humor in her voice.

"Pansy..." Harry trailed off. What was he supposed to say?

"C'mon 'Boy Who Lived', we want to hear about something that bothers you." Blaise smirked.

"That does!" Harry snapped. "'The Savior', 'The Boy Who Lived', 'The Chosen One', all of those! That bothers me!"

Everyone just sort of looked up at him in surprise because... that's who he was... everyone knew Harry as those names. What was so bad about that?

"What's so bad about being a bloody hero, mate?" Seamus piped up.

Harry's hand started trembling and he didn't know why. He spoke in a quiet voice. "I never wanted to be a hero. I never asked for any of this to happen to me. For my parents to be murdered, for countless lives to be lost because of me! Yeah, I'm The ruddy Chosen One, but I'm also the reason that this whole fucking war started in the first place. I'm the reason everyone died. I-I'm," Harry choked back tears, "I'm the reason my parents are dead. And every time someone calls me one of those names... it just reminds me of all the lives I couldn't save."

Harry sure knew how to shut up a room. Hermione grabbed his hand halfway through his speech and hadn't let go yet. No one had any idea what to say to that, and everyone sat in an awkward silence for a few moments.

Draco

He hoped no one had seen, but Draco let a few tears fall during Harry's speech. He wanted more than anything to just run up to him and hug him, and tell him that no one was ever going to hurt him again. But, he couldn't. So he just sat there. Draco couldn't believe that Harry thought that way. The poor kid actually thought everything was his fault.