Chapter 35

*1 year time skip*
○♡○♡○♡♡○♡○♡○♡○
(Demi's pov)
Last year was emotional roller coaster Leah was kidnapped by Nick then after Darryl, his team and I saved her then a few weeks after I got engaged to the man of my dreams ended up getting pregnant then I gave birth to another beautiful baby girl then two days later I married the love of my life.

Then the day after the wedding Darryl had to go back to work and then his partner Olivia told me that he had been shot when I found out about that my heart shattered into a million pieces..

After a week from no phone calls from his partner Darryl came home from the hospital.

Then we had to wait a few days for his bruise to go away then we decided on going to a romantic getaway for a few days so we can spend some alone time together.

I loved every minute of it I felt like I was in a dream and it was so romantic then after we had to leave because Darryl's mom needed a break for a bit.

When we came back Alyssa learned how to walk and it felt like I was having dejavu..

Now today it's Alyssa's first birthday I can't believe it how fast time have gone..

"Good morning handsome." I said as I started to wake up.

"Good morning beautiful." Darryl replied as he gave me passionate morning kiss.

"I can't believe that Alyssa is one years old." I said as I started letting go of his lips.

"Me either it just feels like yesterday you bought her from the hospital." Darryl responded with a smile on his face.

As I was about to wake up Leah and Alyssa the phone started to ring...

"Who can that be ?" I asked trying not get annoyed.

"It's Liv." Darryl replied as he took the phone off the charger while looking at the called ID.

"I hope you don't have to work on your daughter's first birthday because Alyssa will be very disappointed." I said with a serious tone in my voice.

"Me too because I really want to stay here and celebrate Alyssa's first birthday." Darryl replied as he started putting the phone to his ear.

I wonder what's so important that Liv has to call here just hope he don't have to work because Alyssa will really love it if her daddy would be there to celebrate her birthday and help her blow out her birthday candles on her birthday cake.

About a few minutes Darryl finally got of the phone..

"Well what was so important ?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

" Liv told me that she found out who shot me." Darryl replied with a serious tone in his voice.

"Did she tell you who did it ?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Yup." Darryl answered smiling.

"Who did it?" I asked trying not to get inpatient.

"Vanessa did it." Darryl replied with a serious tone in his voice.

"Why ?" I questioned.

"Liv told me that Vanessa only did it because she wanted revenge on me for putting Nick in jail." Darryl explained with serious look on his face.

"No wonder she escaped the warehouse because she knew that Nick was getting arrested for kidnapping Leah." I said with a shocked look on my face.

"Since Vanessa is arrested I think our lives are back to normal now." Darryl replied with a sigh of relief while putting his arm around me.