Chapter 22

(Demi's pov)
Since I got pregnant I have been sick as a dog because everything that I smell or eat makes me nauseous and it's getting that bad I have to call Sirah to keep an eye on Leah while I'm in the bedroom throwing my guts up when Darryl's working overnight.

I've been losing energy to do anything I feel like I'm a prisoner in my own house but the only things that I'm missing are handcuffs and an orange jumpsuit.

As I was about to get out of bed Darryl walks into the room wearing a plaid buttoned up shirt with a pair of jeans.

"Do you need help?" Darryl asked with a serious tone in his voice.

"Yes I do." I replied as he walked over to me while gently pulling my arm.

"Guess who got a day off?" Darryl asked with a smile on his face.

"Let me guess the pope." I responded sarcastically looking up at him.

"Haha very funny Dems." Darryl chuckled

"Why do you have a day off ?" I asked trying to ignore the pain.

"I told Liv that you're having a hard time with the pregnancy and Sirah needs a break." Darryl responded with a smile on his face.

"Darryl doesn't mean I'm pregnant doesn't mean you have to take a break from work." I said trying not feel ungrateful.

"Yes I do need a break from work because way before I met you I worked my ass off everyday and I never took a break I even worked on Christmas." Darryl replied as sat down the bed.

"What person works on Christmas?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

"I have for the past 6 years and this year I want to spend it with you and the kids because I love you guys more then my job." Darryl responded with a serious tone in his voice.

"What's the real reason you wanted a break ?" I asked trying not get annoyed.

"Fine I'll tell you it's just this morning when I left for work and I haven't seen my futures wife beautiful face this morning." Darryl confessed with a smirk on his face.

"That's the Darryl I know." I giggled as I smiled at him while he got off the bed.

After I said that Darryl started to slowly kiss me and it got passionate by the minute.

"I think I heard the baby kick." Darryl said as he quickly let go of my lips.

"You do ?" I asked with a confused tone in my voice.

"Yes Demi I do." Darryl replied smiling as he put his hands on my belly.

"I just wish I don't have to go through sickness every morning." I sighed.

"We already did the fun part." Darryl smirked.

"Well the "fun part" comes with consequences." I said as Darryl took his hands off my belly.

"I know you have been through a lot with getting divorced and everything else that has happened to you but no matter what we face I'll keep on lovin you because you're  one strong woman and I love you for that." Darryl replied as he started looking deeply into my eyes.

"Darryl, I know but I need to let go of the past and focus on the future because I think it's going to be bright." I said looking into his eyes.

"When I was about to get my coffee this morning before the captain told me that I had a day off guess who I was thinking about ?" Darryl asked with a smile on his face.

"I don't know." I answered shrugging my shoulders as I stopped looking into his eyes.

"You." Darryl replied as he started to slowly stroke my hair.