16. Memory Lane Pt.4 (TW)

"VIRGIL!" I heard Jan scream out as I ran as fast as I could. Of course, he wouldn't just stay out. Maybe I should've killed him? NO! I yelled out as I tripped knocking my knee into the cold stone floor. I need to get a grip. I looked over at the knife in my hand and started to shake. Why did I pick it up? Why can't I drop it? DAMN IT VIRGIL! I put the knife in my pocket and groaned as I slowly got up. I staggered back and froze as a pair of hands gripped my arms painfully. "Found you..."

"JAN!" I jumped back and cowered under the intense expression he had. He was pissed. He was sad. He was ready to kill me. What did I... Oh right, that man... when I escaped. I tried to run but fell to my knees as this invisible force wrapped around my neck. I couldn't breathe. I felt as I was being bound but I couldn't see what it was doing it. I was panicking. I can't handle being bound. I can't handle chains... I can't... "L̸E̷T̷ ̵M̶E̶ ̷G̴O̴!̶"

"No fucking way." He held out his hand and his eyes started to glow yellow. "I don't know what snapped you out of that... shit. But now I know the real you. You aren't going anywhere." I looked down to see this yellow glow around me and I started to freak out. It looked like a snake. A giant snake ready to sink its fangs into my neck. Jan just laughed at the horror on my face. He's... He's a... fuck. I am so fucked. "Surprised? So was the king when he found me. Imagine that huh... a fucking Druid in his own kingdom."

"You're no Druid... You're just cursed." I choked out and he frowned. "You were found by the wrong person..."

"You have no idea what you're talking about. Now do me a favor and pass out." He closed his fist and the snake got so tight It cut all the air off. "I have some revenge to inflict."

"Ja... J... Ja..." I couldn't speak. I couldn't breath. Everything was red and slowly going black. This can't be happening. NOT AGAIN. I felt my heart start to race and I shakily lifted my hand right to the transparent snake and tried to pull it off of me. It wouldn't budge.

Janus just laughed at my struggle. I slammed my eyes shut as images of my father... Of Lya and her sisters... of my mother and the chains, kept turning through my mind. I can't do chains. I can't be held. I can't be restrained. He knew that yet he still tied me up. He knew that yet he expects me to go back with him. Back to those chains. Back to the horror that he found. Back to the very chains, he got from home. My home... Roe.

"LET... ̷M̴E̷.̷.̸.̷ ̶̷̶̵̶̰̂G̶̰͊Ô̷̘̖͊.̷̠́͘.̵̤̚.̸̦̅ ̵͇̳͛Y̸̡͕͓̻̗͕͚̱̆́͗͌̃̿̚O̸̧̧̼̳̝̾̿͋̒ͅƯ̶̙̳͕͖̥ ̸̟̖̙͗̇͝F̵̬̜̬͈̉̀̀͗͌̄̏Ú̸̳̲̱̘͔͎͉̪͛̀͘C̴̨̯̱͉̪̪͔͚̆͂̕Ḱ̷̨̜͓͐Ỉ̶̢̼͕̱͖͓̆̈N̶͖͉̙͆͆̂́G̷̥̬̹̭͑̂͒́̚ ̸̛̖͙͙̗͊̎͑̽́͑͊ͅA̴͓͚͋̋̅S̶̳̈S̶͖̠̱̮̼̭̓̕H̷̗͍̠̝̫̹̳̀͆͋̉͊͋͝O̶͍͚͕͊́̈́L̶͕̔̐̃̓E̵̗̭͍̟̻͒́̆̄̚͝͝!̴̹̥͖̰̺̤̀́̎̈́̀̽̏̃ͅ" 

Fire erupted from my hands causing the snake to scream out as it fell writhing in pain. Jan took a step back subconsciously as I held my hand out towards him. Monsters... they're all just... Deceit fell to the floor screaming out as the left side of his face lit on fire. I just stood there watching as he burned. Monsters should just burn to ash. Burn to ash and blow away with the fucking wind. The fire on his face finally died and he looked up at me to see my knife pointed at his chest. His whole left side was gruesome. He deserved worse... he deserved.... he...

"Just do it then." He forced out in obvious pain. "Kill me and show everyone the real you. The true monster here."

"I̴'̵m̸ ̸n̷o̶t̶.̸.̶.̴ I-I am not a..." I looked around as the red slowly died down again. I stumbled back as Janus struggled to even sit up, his face burned, scared, and bleeding. Get a hold of yourself, Virgil. You're losing it... You can't lose it. NOT HERE! NOT NOW! I turned and booked it as fast as I could once again

"VIRGIL, GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!" His voice rang through the halls making me jump. I ended up tripping down a flight of stairs, my arm breaking the fall.  I tried to push myself up but cried out at the burning in my arm. This isn't good. I somehow managed to get to my feet and I pushed on ahead ignoring the cold stones that cut into my feet as I ran.  I could hear as footsteps got closer so I pushed through a crack in the wall ignoring the pain in my arm. I pulled my arm in, taking off my ripped shirt, and wrapped it around the bloody cuts. "VIRGIL!"

"Shit..." I squeezed myself into a small crack as several knights rushed past. I felt someone grab my broken arm, pulling me out from where I was and I cried out. I looked up to find the same blond man from earlier.  His bright blue eyes etched with a worry that made no literal sense.

"Shh. Sorry. I-I'm..." He looked me in the eyes and smiled sadly. I tried to pull free but the pain in my arm intensified and I had to stop. He looked my arm over and cringed at the black and blue all over it. "I'm sorry. Here..."

"Wait, what?!" He picked me up, bridal style and held me close.

"I'll get you to out. I promise." He looked back before he started running. I was just lost and confused. I let my insanity take over and nearly killed him, but yet he's still trying to help me. He ducked back as more knights came rushing through and I saw him sneak past. He pulled his hood up as we made it outside the rain falling hard, lightning lighting up the sky. He stopped short as the lighting crashed revealing a cliff. Another one... a deeper one. "Crap... this isn't good."

"Enough of this!" The man set me down and pushed me behind him as he turned to see Jan standing there with several men. "What are you doing?"

"This is wrong Deceit. AND YOU KNOW IT!" The man yelled out. Jan just laughed as he shook his head in disbelief. "I couldn't just stand back and watch."

"He tried to kill us. HE KILLED DAVID!"

"IT'S OVER DECEIT!"

"It's over when I say it is. You forget..." His eyes started to glow again and panic began to rise. I could see as the subtle hint of a transparent snake once again wrapped itself around me... choking me. "hE's mInE!"

"He's a living person!"

"He's a monster!" My eyes went wide and I took a step back, fighting against the magic snake trying to constrict me. "He's the Dragon of Roe, and he's my property."

"I won't let you hurt him anymore." The man said as he held his sword up to guard me. I took another step back. The rain drowning out almost everything around me.

"You'd give up everything... for him?" You could see the rage and disbelief in Jan's eyes, but the man stood tall and never wavered even once. He wanted to protect me. Why? Why would anyone want to help me?

I̷'̶M̸ ̷N̷O̸T̷H̵I̴N̶G̸ ̸B̶U̴T̶ ̵A̴ ̷M̷O̸N̵S̷T̸E̵R̷!̴

"Nothing I have is worth a life."

"So be it. I'll be sure to let your father know... After your dead." The Knights started to rush us and I quickly grabbed the mans hand running as fast as I could until the both of us went over the cliff. I pulled the man as close as I could and took a very deep breath before... black.

Please, Virgil. Don't give in to the darkness that clouds your past. Let those who care for you provide support. Let him help you. Just as I once did.

Lya?