13. Memory Lane Pt. 1 (TW)

(This starts off before he escaped)

"Hey, wake up!" I felt this ice-cold metal thing press against my cheek and I jumped back in surprise. Jan just laughed as he stood there, knife in hand, waiting for the moment I start to cry. "Look what I brought." He held the knife out to my face, pressing hard enough to make me bleed. "I thought you might like something close to home... you know."

"What are you..." My eyes went wide as the knife glinted against the harsh light that swayed above me. Instantly everything went red as I subconsciously pushed myself up against the wall, never taking my eyes off the blade. The black blade that obviously went through a tremendous amount of refurbishing. How'd it that even survive the fucking fire... I thought... I thought I destroyed everything.

"See I knew this was something special." He started spinning on a finger and I tensed up. My hands started to shake and twitch as he just smiled.  "I found it while leading an excavation at our castle. Funny thing the destruction of Roe. Legends say it was destroyed by Eragon."

"L̵̮̲̘̿̅é̷̞̾g̴̙̒ȩ̸̘͓̂n̷̥̹̕ͅd̵͓̫͋̔͜s̶͈̞̺͘ ̵̣̦̱͊̇́l̵̡̙̗̀̑ḯ̵̚ͅḙ̵͉̈́̆.̸͍̼͊̽.̵̦͒̋.̶̼̖̏͌" He stopped and thought about it a bit before pointing the knife at me absentmindedly in thought. I strained against the chain in response it to being so close and Jan shot me a concerned look. He glanced at the knife and got this confused look. Suddenly his hand lashed out and I screamed out at the pain that shot down my arm. 

I looked over to see my arm cut deep and bleeding badly. My eyes went wide at the realization that he had just cut me with that knife and everything started to twitch and shake so bad you could confuse it with glitching. My arm started to burn and the tears well up as it got worse and worse, until it felt like my arm was on fire.

"Jez, Virgil. I didn't cut you that bad." I glared at him through teary eyes and he just laughed. He has no idea what the knife is capable of. I yelled out again as my arm began to pulsate with this inferno I hadn't felt in so long. His smirk got wide as he took the knife right to my eye and laughed. My eyes went wide just as he brought it down... needless to say, the inhuman scream the escaped me shook the place to its core.

"Dear god..." A small voice entered the black and I sleepily looked around. Jan was long since gone, having cut me some more after the eye and getting tired of the same screams. My blood boiled... my skin felt charred. Everything felt like I had just been shoved into a fire covered in gasoline and alcohol. The lights turned on and I reeled back at it. 

I looked over to see this blonde man staring at me with this broken expression. He reached out towards me and I growled, causing him to stop and look at me confused. He started looking around, picking up this metal pipe, before walking over and trying to bust the turn wheel that held the chains. 

"What are you doing?" It failed obviously. You won't be able to break it with such a flimsy rod like that. Jan knew exactly what to do for me. He did his research. Of course, I practically handed him everything. Fucking snake...

Ỉ̴̼̚͠ͅ ̸̠͠f̴̯̃͜ù̴̡́ĉ̶̙̾k̵̳̤͆͂i̷̦̙͑n̵̞̣̥͆g̶̯͍͙̔ ̴̡̫̬̈́l̷͚̗̊̚o̵͈̦͂̊̈v̷̧͔̹̏̊̍e̴̦͋̒̕d̸̛͜ ̴̡̥͙̇̿̈́h̶̘̍̽ị̷̢̲͒̆̕m̷̱̅̂!̵͕̈́͠

"I'm trying to get you out of here." I watched as he grabbed the pipe again and jammed it into the wheel, pulling it once again trying to snap the wheel but this time it the pipe broke in two. "Crud."

"You aren't going to break the wheel like that." His hands dropped in defeat and he just turned away.

"Where did they get any of this stuff anyway?" I raised an eyebrow at him as he kicked the wheel and cried out.

"That not flimsy metal you just kicked. I'd check to see if you broke your toe."

"It doesn't matter if you're still chained up." I pulled on the chains and cried out at the burning in my arms. The man ran up to try to help but I just shook my head. "Darn it. He hurt you bad."

"He... d-doesn't... even know." His eyes narrowed in confusion and I looked over at my arms. The skin around the cuts had charred to black but it was still bleeding... mainly because I had reopened the cuts by straining. I watched him leave and come back with a bucket of water and a washcloth. "What..."

"We need to clean your..." He brushed my hair out of one of my eyes and his face just dropped. I imagined it must look horrifying. "... y-your eye... your..."

"I know. I can't see shit out it." He brought the cloth up wiping around the cut and I winced at the pain. His face softened but I was just trying hard not the cry out. When he finally finished cleaning my eye and arms, he just stood there in utter shock at everything. I was covered in scars and cuts and burns... but unfortunately, they aren't all from him...  Jan... asshole.