Breaking and Mending, Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"You know what? Moon Byulyi?" Chaeyoung brought her face closer to hers, holding Byulyi by the chin so that she could look her in the eye. "You're-"

"Stop it."

Chaeyoung and Yongsun turned around, only to see Seokjin stepping out from behind the pillar, his fists clenched shut. They stepped away from Byulyi immediately, suddenly faking smiles on their faces. Byulyi looked up and saw Seokjin and gasped. She had never seen him look this angry.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Yongsun asked sweetly. "Stop what?"

"I said you'd better stop what you were doing before I turn nasty." Seokjin was trying to control his voice, but his body was trembling from rage. "I'm relaly angry right now and I have no idea what I might do, so you better get out of my sight right now."

"Seokjin-ah! Why are you like that?" Chaeyoung laughed nervously. "You're being really scary right now, you know?"

"No," Seokjin shook his head and let out a snort. "You two are the scary ones."

~

"Everyday you pretend to be one person and behind my back, you're someone totally different. What are you two up to?"

"What?" Yongsun laughed, still not willing to admit her mistake. "We don't even know what you're talking about. You might have seen something, but I can assure you it's not like that! We were just-"

"Drop the act!" Seokjin exclaimed, walking closer to them. "I was behind the pillar this whole time. Whatever you said about Jieun and Byulyi, I heard them all."

Chaeyoung and Yongsun trembled like leaves. It was their turn to back up against the wall as Seokjin walked towards them slowly.

"You two hardly even have friends either, who are you to say that Byulyi has no friends, huh?"

"We have many friends!" Chaeyoung yelled. "If not for Jennie who always restricts us, we would have so many friends by now!"

"Yeah!" Yongsun added. "We're so pretty and all. So many people would love to be our friends."

"Pretty?!" Seokjin laughed out loud. "To me, you two are the ugliest girls I have ever met. I don't care what your exterior looks like. As long as your heart is pretty, it's all good. But you two?" Seokjin scoffed. "Rotten."

"No, but if you don't believe us, if not for that girl, Jennie, we'd have so many friends by now." Chaeyoung defended herself. "If you don't believe us, too bad."

"That girl Jennie?" Seokjin frowned. "Is that what you call your friends?"

"Pffft." Yongsun rolled her eyes. "Do you think we wanna be friends with her? She's so spoilt, rude and treats us like her servants. Plus, we can't even be our true selves around her. It's so uncomfortable."

"What?" Byulyi frowned. "Then why are you still friends?"

"We aren't." Chaeyoung laughed. "We're just pretending to be. I mean, she can be nasty but at least she buys us things sometimes. And what would we be if we weren't the 4 beauties of the class, huh?"

"Oh my god," Seokjin swallowed hard. "I thought you two were horrible human beings... but you two are literally the worst. You're like garbage that should be thrown away never to be recycled."

"What did you say?!" Yongsun and Chaeyoung glared at Seokjin.

"You said what you what to say to Byulyi earlier, so let me say what I want to say." Seokjin said softly as he slammed his fist against the wall, his knuckles cracking from the impact.

The two of them flinched in fear, trembling as they nodded quickly. Seokjin was so close to the two of them now that their faces were literally inches apart. Byulyi watched on in shock.

"Jieun is not a thief. And Byulyi is not a loser. Neither am I being friends with her because I want to look good. I am friends with her because she's kind and genuine, unlike the two of you." Seokjin turned to Byulyi, looking her in the eye. "And I should be the one grateful for our friendship."

Those words were said to Yongsun and Chaeyoung, but Byulyi somehow knew the last sentence was meant for her. She smiled slightly.

"One last warning - don't ever touch Jieun or Byulyi ever again." Seokjin removed his hand from the wall, still looking at the two of them directly in the eye. "Or anyone else for that matter. I hope Jennie sees your true colours one day, because no one deserves to have such awful friends like you."

Chaeyoung and Yongsun had nothing more to say. They just remained pinned against the wall, still quivering in fear. Seokjin always seemed like the nice guy - they never knew he had this side to him.

Seokjin looked at Byulyi and took her hand. "Let's go."

And he pulled her away, down the hallway, away from the two ugly girls. The two of them watched on as Seokjin and Byulyi walked down the hallway and disappeared round the corner, before slumping to the ground.

"What was that? That was freaking scary." Yongsun said.

"I know right. Who does he think he is, to talk to us like that?" Chaeyoung scoffed. "Just because he thinks he's handsome, he can scare us like that? He's not even that handsome, to be honest."

"I know right, lol." Yongsun laughed. "That was a close call, though. That was really the worst."

"You two are the worst."

Chaeyoung and Yongsun spun around, gasping as they spotted someone lurking in the dark amidst the shadows, watching their every move all this while.

It was Jennie.