Chapter 21

The next few hours flew by in a blur.

"The gods have some explaining to do," Percy muttered to himself after he and I explained the whole situation to Chiron and the others going on the quest.  He was holding hands with Annabeth, but he stood by my side as we described what happened.

"I am guessing you will come across this girl once you are on the quest.  There is little to do about it now except be on the alert.  This girl may be powerful and can cause some problems, so be careful," Chiron finally decided.  

After this, we started to prepare.  Piper helped me pack for the quest.  She handed me a large backpack in which I added a spare change of clothes, some food, and money, as well as emergency ambrosia and nectar.  Piper said this was godly food that is used to help us heal in emergencies.

After packing, we stepped outside to meet the others by the Big House.  They had decided this was a good place to prepare for the quest in a few hours.

Percy and Annabeth were on the ground, mapping out a course to the "realm of blinding fogs".  Nico was sulking in the shadows, as usual.  Next to Annabeth and Percy was a satyr wearing a green shirt and holding a backpack in his hand.  Upon recognizing him, I ran up shouting his name.

"Oak!" I called happily and hugged my friend.

"Brooke!" he laughed in response.  I pulled away.  Oak did not have a hat on, so I could see tiny horns peaking from underneath his curly hair.  He looked tired, but he appeared to be well enough to go on the quest.

"So much has happened since you brought me here," I laughed, sitting on the grass.  He joined me and we turned to Annabeth and Percy.  Nico reluctantly joined us from the shadows and sat next to Piper.

"Alright guys, we have our course," Annabeth announced and explained how we will have to cross the entire country to get to our destination.  She said we would take a plane, but it is not an option since Zeus may kill me if I go into the sky.  Annabeth said we were going to drive most of the way, but it will be difficult since there are likely to be many monsters following us.

"There's no other way to go?" Piper asked sadly.  Nico looked up.

"I could shadow-travel us there-" Nico suggested, but was suddenly cut off by an outraged voice that came from behind me.

"NO WAY!  You are not shadow-traveling anywhere," the voice scolded.  I turned around to see a red-faced Will Solace stomping towards Nico, who was blushing furiosly at that point.