Hogwarts

The group traveled back to London the next morning via portkey, though this time it was a legal one. When they reached the city, they were joined by Travers, Speilman, and a handful of other Aurors. Then the large group Apparated to Hogwarts. Those who didn't know how to get there or couldn't Apparate were paired with someone who did. Kama took Nagini, who had his coat draped over her shoulders, Theseus offered to take Jacob, and Newt took Tina, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze before letting go.

They stood on a long bridge leading towards the castle. Tina had to admit that the school was impressive, even bigger than Ilvermorny. Newt and Theseus stood beside each other, Tina stood slightly behind and between them. Newt was turned slightly so that the backs of his fingers were brushing against hers.

A man appeared at the far end of the bridge and Newt started forward. Tina moved to take his place but Travers and Speilman had moved to follow him.

"I think it's best if he speaks to him alone," Theseus said, his voice full of exhaustion.

Tina watched as her fiancé walked along the bridge, meeting the other man in the middle. They spoke for a minute before Newt pulled out something from his pocket. He was too far away for Tina to see what it was but, judging by the man's reaction, it was something important. He snatched it out of Newt's hand a few moments later and they continued speaking. Then he raised his hands in the air.

Tina could see two identical silver bands, one on each wrist. Recognizing them as admonitor bracelets like the one she had been forced to wear for almost a year, she glanced at Theseus who had raised his wand. He cast a spell and the bands fell away. Whatever Newt had pulled from his pocket hung in the air between them and they both stared at it. Eventually, the man took it from the air and the two of them started down the bridge. A moment later, Newt leaned down and set what Tina recognized as the Niffler on the ground. Then he glanced back and motioned for the group to follow.

Travers started forward immediately Theseus and Tina followed after him. The rest of the group moved after them. They followed them through the castle, down long corridors and through several doors, many of which were hidden behind tapstries. They finally came to a large classroom with a number of armchairs and couches.

Dumbledore motioned for everyone to take a seat. Newt looked around as everyone moved around the room, finding a place to sit. He watched as Tina sank into the corner of a small couch on the other side of the classroom. She glanced up at him. Their eyes met and they stared at each other for a moment. Newt wanted to go to her but he wanted her permission first and he didn't know how to ask it. However, Tina had noticed the shift in his expression and knew what he wanted. Her own expression changed slightly and he recognized it as an invitation. 

He moved wordlessly across the room, gently taking a seat beside his fiancée. She leaned against his shoulder, lacing their fingers together. He glanced around to make sure no one was looking then pressed a gentle kiss to her temple. He didn't know why he was hesitant to kiss her when people were watching but he was shy and his brother was there.

Eventually, a house elf appeared with a pot of tea. Everyone was served and there was even a little bowl of milk for the Niffler. Tina laughed softly as the black creature lapped at the white liquid. She stirred milk and sugar into her own tea and sipped it, enjoying the feeling of the warm liquid going down her throat.

"Since when did you drink tea?" Newt murmured.

Tina blushed and hid behind her mug. "Uh, I started a few months ago. I missed you too much. I know it's probably stupid but--"

"It's not stupid," Newt interrupted. "I-- I did the same thing," he admitted.

"What do you mean?"