Birthday Pastries

Newt rubbed his eyes sleepily as he changed. It was a little later than he usually woke up but he knew it didn't matter. As he tucked in his white shirt, there was a tap on his door.

"Come in," he called.

The door slid open and Tina came in, closing the door behind her. Newt pulled her into a hug and pressed a kiss to her lips. They had been engaged for a few days now but he still couldn't believe it.

"Good morning, darling," he murmured.

"Good morning," Tina replied. "Queenie tells me that today is a special day."

Newt glanced at her curiously. "What do you mean?"

She laughed softly. "Happy birthday, Newt."

"Oh, I'd forgotten about that."

Tina pulled him into a kiss. His arms slipped around her waist, pulling her closer to him. They kissed slowly, knowing that they would have their whole lives ahead of them. Tina's arms slipped around Newt's neck, settling on his shoulders. She pulled Newt closer, deepening the kiss. They broke apart when they heard a tap on the door. It slid open to reveal Queenie.

"It's breakfast time," she said. "Happy birthday, Newt."

"Thank you," he mumbled.

Tina slipped her hand into his and tugged him out of the room. They sat down and began to eat. The meal was delicious, Queenie had prepared Newt's favorite breakfast. When they were done Tina pushed away Newt's attempts to help clean up so he went to the couch and watched the sisters moving around the kitchen. Eventually, they finished. Queenie pulled on her coat and left but Tina took a seat next to Newt.

"You're not going to work?" he asked, mildly surprised.

Tina shook her head. "No, I can get off work for a day and today is your birthday. I'm spending it with you." She pressed a kiss to his lips before lying down, resting her head in his lap. Reaching up, she took one of Newt's hands in hers and they stayed there for hours, talking quietly. Eventually, Tina sat up and pressed a kiss to Newt's lips. He pulled her closer until she was practically in his lap. His arms were around her waist, holding her close. Tina own hands were in his hair, tilting his head to kiss him deeply.

Newt melted into the kiss. Every time he kissed Tina, every time she kissed him, he was reminded of just how much he loved her. Nothing had ever come close to the feeling of her lips moving against his in a gentle kiss, and this kiss was far from gentle. He doubted that kissing anyone else would feel quite the same. Her fingers tugged at his hair, trying to bring him even closer. She loved kissing him, she had never felt anything so wonderful.

They broke apart and Tina buried her face in Newt's shoulder. He pressed a kiss to her hair, adjusting his grip on her to hold her more comfortable.

"I still can't believe we're engaged," she murmured. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," Newt murmured. "I'm so glad we met."

"I'm hungry," Tina mumbled. 

"Should I make something to eat?"

She nodded and they got up somewhat reluctantly. Newt quickly prepared a meal and they ate it together. Then they cleaned the dishes and moved back to the couch. Tina curled up in his lap and yawned. She was asleep a few minutes later. Newt reached up and gently stroked her dark hair. He pressed his cheek to the top of her head and soon drifted off to sleep as well. 

Newt and Tina were woken up by the sound of the door opening and Queenie bursting into the room.