twenty-fifth

"Piss off your parents,

That's alright.."

Ashton rolled over in his bed to find a mess of brunette curls messily in his face. He smiled as he leaned over and placed a soft kiss on Kala's cheek. He was so scared she was going to walk away from him again earlier at the bar. But seeing her confused eyes and hearing her agree he knew she had to still feel something.

Letting her sleep her quietly showered and went to make breakfast. The routine feeling of the situation made him queasy as he thought of nights before when it had been another girl. He felt guilty and stupid that he had let his anger with her take him that far. Just as he rose from his position near the counter her felt eyes on him.

"Good morning." Ashton smiled but she didn't return it.

"Could you give me a ride home?" Kala asked watching her feet inside of looking him in the eyes.

"Sure." He murmured grabbing his keys in slight disappointment from her current reaction.

"You could stay for a while if you wanted...." He trailed off but she finally caught his gaze head on.

"I need to go. I said never again Ashton and I meant it." And that's the last thing she spoke until they were pulling into her driveway.

Walking up to the porch with Ashton trailing behind her she remember the way things ended the last time they did this. Her mother opened the door, smile quickly replaced with a scowl.

"What is he doing here?" She snapped.

"Morning Mrs. Tally!" Ashton called with a smile and wave.

"Mom give me two minutes and I'll be in." Kala tried not to laugh at the boiling anger from her mother as she closed the door.

"Thanks for the ride."

"No problem. Um...have a nice day." He said blushing softly as she acted against her will and kissed him on the cheek before going inside.

He stood there for a moment, knowing he would never get over that girl.