twenty-second

"I know it's just a phase,

you're not in love with me.."

"Ashton...wh-what are you doing here?" Kala stuttered quickly jumping to her feet and brushing off her dress.

"I don't really think I need to answer that." He replied with a smirk making Kala realize how cocky he really could be.

"Well why not." She said crossing her arms hoping for more confidence than she truly owned.

"Look I know that we both have been ignoring what happened...bu-"

"You've been ignoring it. I tried to call you and you didn't answer. You've avoided me like the plague Ashton and I decided to take your silence as the ultimate answer. I thought this, us, whatever...I just thought this was over. I'm don't want to be that girl that defies her parents through asshole boyfriends and short skirts."

"Wow."

"Exactly, I've made some changes so you should just go. I have to get back to a friend." She said slowly loosing the burst of energy; fading fast and scared.

As if following their conversation's timing Harold burst from the front door and hurried across the lawn. Not fast enough to scuff his Sperry's though. As he stood himself next to Kala Ashton let out a harsh laugh.

"Are you upsetting this lovely lady sir?" Harold asked in the most stern voice her could muster.

"This guy, really? Ha, remember what I told Kala. You know I get that you want to be a goody two shoes again, cause who are we kidding once a parents perfect little princess its hard to lose it. But You can't deny that when we had our times that it was amazing. And I don't even care ya know? Cause there are plenty of chicks for me to screw with. But you were never supposed to be one of them. And that's because I knew that as soon as the real side of me came out you would run back to mommy and daddy and leave me in the dust. Regardless of how I feel. And regardless of how you feel about me."

"How I feel is just a phase. We don't work Ashton. You want to smoke weed and I want to go to college. We just don't work."

"How would you know what I want anymore?"

"Just go away. I'm done okay. I said it, I get the victory of ending this mess that I created and I hope you wallow in it."

She grabbed Harold's arms and drug him back into the house without ever looking back. Ashton walked across the street and got in his car, driving away without a second thought.

It was never worth this.