sixteenth

"If long hair and tattoos are what attract you,
then baby you're in luck.."

"Another party?" Kala asked slightly disappointed as she looked out the passenger seat window.

"Oh shut up. You had  fun last time." Ashton said exiting the car.

"Whatever." She muttered following a few strides behind him to the front door.

She knew he could tell she didn't want to be doing this. Which of course was why he was refusing eye contact. Her mouth opened to voice her want to just go home but the door finally swung open. A guy with spiked pink hair and pretty girl with a Nirvana tee on his hip was smiling at them.

"Ashton! Ah...this must be the babe. Hi sweetie, you look very different from that first night." Pink guy slurred shoved Ashton lightly and pointing his finger inches from Kala's face.

"Michael. Back off you're already drunk. Just let us in." Ashton motioned for Kala to follow and they entered.

"I'll get drinks or something. You go mingle. These are some of my good friends." Kala tried to tell him she would rather not be alone but he was already gone.

Great, she thought, once again he was going to get drunk, she would drive home, he would pass out. It had started to become something she was getting used to. Especially the past week they had been living together. Never had she thought she would rather be home than those night when he couldn't form an actual sentence thanks to alcohol.

"Hey! I'm Ella." A pretty dirty blonde was suddenly in Kala's line of vision with a happy smile.

"Oh Hi. I'm uh..Kala."

"Great name. Are you here all alone?" She asked putting an unwanted hand of Kala's shoulder.

"No, I'm with him." Kala pointed to the drink table where Ashton was consoling some other guy that looked like he might be crying.

"You're Ashton new girl. I heard that he it's practically officially this time. Not just some beneficial thing, right? I mean unless that's what you're like into or whatever." Ella's words barely make sense over the music.

"Yeah he's great. I really like him."

"Well he'll really like you to until her likes someone with bigger boobs better," Ella said with a sigh, "And just because you seem way to pretty and genuinely nice. Watch yourself. He gets whatever his pretty little tattooed abs want and when he doesn't...it's on to the next girl."

"Oh."

"Well nice meeting you, hang in there girl!" Ella called suddenly being dragged away by some tall blonde guy.

Kala's eyes wandered back around the room in search of Ashton  and landed in the corner. He  was leaning close to the band tee girl, the one that was at the door earlier, and she was laughing with a hand pulling him closer.