thirteenth

"Should've seen this coming from a mile away..."

"Kala, sweetie, it's time to get up! We have to go the community picnic in an hour." Mrs. Tally's words sifted through Kala's bedroom door.

It had only been about two hours since Kala and Ashton had climbed through the window and passed out on her bed. Mrs. Tally tried once again to awake her daughter by loudly knocking. 

"Kala. We have a problem." Ashton whispered poking her until she opened her eyes.

"What? What's wrong?" She replied and before he could answer..it was too late.

Finally having enough, Mrs. Tally pushed open Kala's door. In seconds her mouth dropped open, she looked like she might faint.

"Ello." Ashton smiled sitting on the end of the bed.

"Mom before you get any ideas.."

"Any ideas?! Oh I know exactly what is going on here Kala." Her mother snapped.

"No mom you don't."

"Yes, I do." Kala rolled her eyes at her mother's confidence.

"Mom, we weren't having sex." 

"What?!" Her father exclaimed appearing behind her mother.

Ashton sighed flopping back onto the pillows. He knew it was a bad idea when he had offered to stay a while. It just wasn't something he usually would do. And this is a great example of why. Kala gave him a weak but playful smile and slowly rose from the bed. He noted the fact that her hand brushed teasingly across his arm as she did so.

"Just let me change and I'll be down in a minute." Kala croaked holding her pounding head.

"No you are coming right now. And bring him with you. This has to stop."

"Oh and Morning Mr. and Mrs. Tally!" Ashton called as they walked away; Kala simply shook her head.