seventeenth

"I know it's just a phase

you're not in love with me.."

"El have you seen a girl with curly brown hair and a blue shirt?" Ashton asked running to the blonde side.

Ella rolled her eyes and tried to act as though he wasn't there. She had never been a fan of Ashton. His stare burning into her head forced her to face him.

"Why do you care?" She muttered taking a sip of her drink.

"Cause she's my girlfriend. And I can't find her anywhere."

Ella was almost shocked at the nervous tension in his voice. He was genuinly worried about this girl.

"Fine," His eyes lit up at her final response,"She went upstairs with Michael."

And so quickly the light faded from his warm eyes. Something cold and unhappy washed over his features as he pushed people out of his way. Once in front of Michael's room he took a deep breath. Then he shoved the door open. They weren't on the bed but the balconey door was a jar.

"I just don't think it's fair. Even if you say you were just dating him to upset your parents." It was Michael's voice.

"I deserve this." Kala.

That was all he needed to hear before stepping out and into their gazes.

"Asht-" Kala began but faded quickly.

"What the hell are you doing with him? Am I not good enough or something? Ha! And what's this shit about your parents?" Ashton shouted getting the attention of the partiers on the back deck.

"Kala saw you with Sarah." Michael stated.

"What are even talking about Mic?"

"I saw you in the corner with that girl Ashton. She was about to kiss you. I couldn't take it. I couldn't take it watching you makeout with some random girl while you dragged me all the way here. If hooking up with other chicks was always your intention then what the hell am I still doing around? Have you been doing shit like this behind my back for, what is it now, almost two months?" This was the first time he had ever heard the anger in Kala's voice; tears spilled onto her cheeks.

"Well if you think I'm such a bad guy then why the hell are you here? Oh yeah that's right to sneak off with my bestfriend and tell him about how you're using me."

"You didn"t answer the question. Have you been going off with other girls?" Kala tried to mask the hurt with boiling anger.

Ashton rolled his eyes and looked away. How could she ever think that? Was she really that stupid to think he could ever want to be with someone else after being with someone as like her?

"You know what save it asshole. I could care less. Go back to your dumb groupies and leave me the hell alone. I can do things just fine on my own." Kala shouted pushing the two boys out of her way.

"At least I didn't use you to screw with my parents!" Ashton yellled after her.

Both looked around later at the drunks and makeout sessions with tears in their eyes and the thought of eachothers lips.