twenty-first

"If long hair and tattoos are what attract you

baby then you're in luck.."

The stoplight around the corner from Kala's house couldn't change to green fast enough. She was already ten minutes late to dinner with her parents friends. And she knew that there would later be consequences.

After almost getting a speeding ticket she was walking through the front door. Her hair a mess and the modest dress she was wearing lightly wrinkled from a little get together at Celsie's.

"Oh there she is." Mrs Tally spoke with false joy.

"Hi." A guy with short hair and a dentist billboard worthy smile held out a hand.

"Kala this is Harold. I've told you so much about him." So this was the douche she was going to hook me up with, was all Kala could think.

She stood there with him in silence for a moment. He was wearing khakis, a button up and his skin was perfectly flawless. It made Ashton's inked arms and the way his hair would tickle her neck when he hugged her flash through her mind. Then those words he had said about remembering him when she ended up with a guy like this came to the top of her thoughts.

"I need some air." She blurted out pushing him away in an attempt for the front door.

"I'll accompany you!" Harold called after her.

"I can accompany myself." She muttered slamming the door and running to hide behind her car in the end of the driveway in case he followed anyways.

Deep breath. Deep breath. She concentrated hard but this time the image of Ashton was inked into her mindset. The only thing that could end this was a distraction. And as she looked up from the pavement something very different then what she had been expecting was standing over her.

"Hi Kala."