Chapter 8 - Sang

Hey everyone! Sorry for the long wait. I posted the sneak peek and caught the flu from my sister right after. And to make matters worse, as I was getting better I caught a different strain of the flu from my brother! Then when I finally am feeling a little better our bathroom floor needs to be replaced. So here is a little update. (I planned to write much more in this chapter but it will have to wait.)

Enjoy the new chapter!

My heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest. How did I get into this mess? I must have the worst luck in the world... or the best luck. The handsome man pulls back from the kiss, and meets my wide eyes. "Sorry, had to." He winks...

...Earlier...

Nathan and Silas (the other knight) brought me to the castle, and led me into a large courtyard. It seemed like hundreds of people were milling around; knights, nobles , and peasants. I cower behind Silas' back trying to stay unnoticed, but I should have known that that would be impossible when your walking with the two most handsome men in the courtyard (possibly the world.) As we pass everyone stops to look at us. I can't make out what people are saying, but suddenly they're talking again with vigor.

My face is on fire with all the attention on us. I scurry up the big staircase right on Silas' heels, and I can feel Nathan right behind me shielding me from all the prying eyes. "Sorry about them," Nathan says in a low voice so only I can hear. "they love to gossip." I'm not sure what he wants me to say so I just keep quiet.

Silas leads us into the castle and down so many different corridors I know I have no hope of finding my way out on my own. My fear is growing by the minute, my breaths are coming faster and faster, and I'm starting to shake. I should have found a way to get away from them before I got this far. What had I been thinking? I should have never doubted mother. She only had my best interest in mind when she warned me that all men are monsters.

Little black spot start to dance in front of my eyes and I stumble. Nathan catches me, and lowers me to the floor carefully. His lips are moving but I only catch a few words that don't make any sense. "Don't....head.....Green!" His eyes are full of worry. "...open.....Peanut." Nathan's confusing words continue to reach me in bits and pieces. He seems really worried. Can monsters have emotions? Again, I start to doubt my mother. "You...breath..." Suddenly Nathan's handsome face is all I can see. I gasp as his lips press into mine.

My heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest. How did I get into this mess? I must have the worst luck in the world... or the best luck. The handsome man pulls back from the kiss, and meets my wide eyes. "Sorry, had to." He winks, but the relief is clear in his eyes. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm f-fine." I stutter over my words confused by what he did. "Why..." I don't get to finish my question before Silas is running back to us with another man. I tilt my head to the side even more confused. When did he leave?

"Is this the dying angel, Silas? She looks fine to me." The new man says walking closer to me. His curly blonde hair mused like he had been running his hands through it, and his cheerful green eyes looking me over. He kneels down by my side. I edge back a little not wanting to be too close to this stranger. His eyes catch the movement, and he stops where he is.

"Hi there Pumpkin. I'm Dr. Sean Green. My friend Silas said there was a dying angel down this corridor. Would that happen to be you or is he talking about Nathan here? Either way I think it's Silas who needs a doctor if he thinks this is what dying looks like." A giggle escapes my lips before I can stop it. Something about this doctor helps me relax. Dr. Green's eyes light up, and a giant smile spreads across his face. "You better be careful with those giggles Pumpkin, they're very contagious." Of course that only makes the giggles worse. A small giggle escapes his mouth. "Oh no! It's already happening! I think I need to administer the giggle cure."

"Giggle cure?" I question as the giggles finally fade away.

"Looks like you won't need it today." I swear Dr. Green looks disappointed.