Chapter 7: Part 1 - Sang

102 votes!!! I can't believe it! Thank you everyone for reading and voting! I love every one of you! This is just a short update. With school and life it's hard to find time to write, but I'll try to get part 2 of chapter 7 out soon!

There's a rock stabbing my back. Why is there a rock in my bed? Mother probably put it there, it wouldn't be the first time.

I hear shuffling to the side of me. Is mother in here? Or Marie? Wait, are there birds in my room? Memories flood back into my mind. Greg. Luke.

I crack my eyes open and take in the scene around me. Luke had dragged Greg to a tree and is tying him up. The sound of horses approaching causes me to panic. One person I could handle, but I don't want to be here when I'm outnumbered.

Keeping my eyes on Luke, I silently stand up and back into the forest. The horses are just coming into view when Luke notices them, and I take my chance to run.

It hits me while I'm running, earlier I had been following my instincts to get to Luke, but now I have no idea where I am. I don't want to stop in case Luke heard me leave and is following. All I can hear is my racing heart and my gasping breaths. I can't keep running. I need to stop and figure out where I am.

The low hanging branches on the tree give me an idea. The next tree I come up to I jump and grab a branch pulling myself up into the tree. I climb higher until I'm safely hidden in the leaves.

I take some time to catch my breath and slow my racing heart. Once I'm calm I look out to see if I can see my house from here, but nothing looks familiar. I can't even see where I left Luke and Greg. I stamp down the growing panic, and think. Every time I went into the wood by the house I just had to walk west to get back. I'll just head that way. With my plan in place, I climb down the tree and start west.

After walking for about an hour, I see the side of the house. I run towards it not paying attention. I didn't hear the noise till it was to late.