Chapter 6 - A Report

Thank you everyone for reading. I'm sorry this update took so long! I'll try to update once a week or every two weeks.
Enjoy!

Luke silently crept to his horse and hid the candy he bought before North could sense it. Who was he kidding North probably already felt a disturbance in his health crazed mind. Luke will just have to protect his chocolates with his life.

Luke and Gabriel had gone to everyone in every village in the kingdom that they do business with. Every clothing shop and candy shop/restaurant had been questioned about the kidnappings, but they haven't found anything. Luke bought a hand full of candy in each village so it wasn't a wasted trip. He's just grateful that North hadn't been in their group or he would've thrown it all out before he could blink.

Kota had met up with him and Gabe in the last town, and told them to meet back at the castle in an hour. Gabe had left with Kota having already finished talking to all his contacts, but he wanted to visit the last candy shop. Luke was running late. He knew they'd send out a search party if he didn't get back soon. So Luke pulls himself up onto his horse's back, and starts toward the castle.

"NO!" A female voice rings out before an arrow flies past Luke's head way to close for comfort. He pulls his horse to a stop and leaps off to face his attacker. What he see though completely stumps him. The most beautiful/adorable girl he'd ever seen was on the back of a Ashley Waters knight yanking him around by his hair. Luke almost laughed at the scene in front of him. This little cupcake looks like she couldn't hurt a fly but it seems she just saved his life.

The knight annoyed that he couldn't get the girl off of his back starts to fall backwards. He's going to crush her! His adorable cupcake seems to realize this at the same time. She tries to get off but the knight grips her legs, not letting her go. That snaps Luke out of his staring and he runs forward to help her. Her arms squeeze around the knights neck, and Luke watches as he passes out. He grabs him pulling him to fall towards him, and grabs the girl off his back.

"Are you alright, sugar?" Luke asks her gently, trying not to scared her, but that backfires when she starts to struggle in his arms trying to get away from him. He immediately let's her go. Confusion flashes across her face, like she's surprised he would let her go. Before Luke can think about that more, his vision I flooded with the brights green he's ever seen. The girl peeks one I open before opening the other quickly after. Her perfect pick lips opens in a gasp. Luke chuckles seeing her expression. "Speechless. Don't worry that happens a lot. My name is Lucian Taylor, but everyone calls me Luke. What's your name, sugar?"

Her eyes become unfocused like she's lost in her head, but the fact that she's not breathing has Luke really worried. "Sugar, you need to brea-" She faints before he can finish his sentence. Thankfully she start breathing again when she's out.

Luke lays her down gently in the grass, before walking over to the knight. He's still knocked out. Luke strips him of his weapons, and ties him to a tree just to be sure he won't attack him or his Sugar again.

The sound of horses draws his attention, Kota and Gabe ride up to him. "Oi, Luke! What the hell? What the fluffernoodle is going on?!"
(I don't like cursing so I'm going to change curse words to different ones like this.)

"One of King Hendricks knights tried to kill me, but an adorable little cupcake saved me!" Luke proclaims, waving his arms in the air for dramatic effect.

"Luke I think your mixing fantasy and reality again. A cupcake... saved you?" Kota asked confused.

"Yeah! She's so adorable and tiny and beautiful! Come see! She's over here!" Luke all but drag to two confused men over to where he left the girl, but she is nowhere to be seen. "B-but... I left her right here! Sugar!"

"Luke, man, I think you let your imagination run wild again." Gabe says with a smirk.

"Come on guys let take this knight back to the castle. Maybe we'll get some answers from him." Kota unties the prisoner and retires him to his horse. He throws him across the horse on his stomach. "Let's go."

Luke looks around once more before following his brothers back to the castle.