Chapter 7: Part 2 - Sang

Sorry for the wait. Here's the second part of chapter 7! Thanks everyone for reading!

I run out into a busy street. People are shouting at each other and running around. This is definitely not the house. Where am I?

"Look out!" A voice calls out too late. A horse pulled carriage is coming right for me. I try to jump to the side but I know I won't make it.

At the last second someone tackles me knocking me out of the way. My breath is knocked out of me as we land on the ground. The stranger lands on top of me, but catches himself before he crushes me.

As I catch my breath I become aware of the scent surrounding this stranger. Cypress and leather. A wonderful combination. I open my eyes to see deep blue eyes starring back at me. I blink and take in the rest him. Red-brown hair, and muscles pressed against me. I suddenly realize we're still laying on the ground. "I'm sorry, can you please get off me?"

My words seem to snap him out of a trance. He jumps up and away like I burned him. "Sorry! So sorry! Here let me help you up." He thrusts his hand forward making me to flinch back. He blinks in surprise, and understanding flashes across his face. "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to h-"

"Nathan! I don't think he's here." The man, Nathan, turns to look at whoever was talking. I take the chance to clamber to my feet. Nathan is still turned away giving me the chance to look him over forlorn head to toe. I was right about the muscles, what I didn't expect was his clothes. A royal knight of Charleston. He doesn't work with Greg. I should be able to trust him right? He did just save my life.

I'm so lost in thought that I don't realize Nathan was focused on me again. This time his friend steps forward and looks at me too. Another Charleston knight. The smell of salt water drifts over me. The ocean? I think I read that in a book, that the ocean smells like salt water. I wonder if this knight was recently near a beach. I've always wanted to go to a beach. I become aware that Nathan I trying to talk to me when I see his lips moving. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I think your head hit the ground pretty hard. Please let us take you to our friend, he's a physician. I can't just leave you here." Nathan doesn't give me a chance to say anything before he's guiding me to a horse tied to a post.

"I'm fine! I was heading home. I'll just lay down when I get there." I lie. Mother is probably waiting to punish me for not being there.

"Aggele mou, you are a terrible liar." The other knight smirks. "Please let us take care of you. We couldn't live with the guilt if you are seriously hurt."

Take care of me... no one has even taken care of me. As far as I can remember I have been taking care of my family and myself. "We're not taking no for an answer so you might as well save your breath." Nathan says and unties his horse. I sigh and bit my lip. Suddenly I'm being lifted off the ground, I squeal until I'm placed on the back of Nathan's horse.

"A little warning would have been nice!" I slap a hand on my mouth. In shock that I raised my voice at a knight. "Sorry."

They chuckle. "Your not sorry."

"What!? Of course I am!" They full out laugh now. At least they don't seem mad. Nathan climbs on to his horse behind me, and grabs the reigns. My face burns at how close we are. I feel his muscles flex as he flicks the reigns. All I can focus on is him; his arms wrapped around me; his legs against mine; and his stomach pressed against my back. These guys don't seem too bad. Maybe mother was wrong.