Chapter 18

The next few days have been tense for every one. There's a tension between Rebecca and her parents.

Shiki hadn't noticed yet but he don't mind he's too caught up in the clouds to really pay attention to the atmosphere.

To Rebecca Shiki is like a ray of sunshine on her cloudy day. She's had a lot of those since their encounter at the coffee shop.

Nashi.
Nashi.
Nashi.
Nashi.

That damn name keeps running inside her mind...who is Nashi?
Rebecca didn't know but she was about to find out.

She's tired of being in the dark all of time. So today on her 4th day of cloudy rainy depression, she decided enough is enough.

Rebecca grabbed her purse off the stool in her and shikis apartment and left after locking the door.

After a 25 minute walk she made it to their motel. Valley Inn.

She gulped down her nerves as she arrived at their door. She was about to knock when the door swung open.

A tired looking Natsu was standing there. " we've been waiting for you..." he sighed out and attempted a smile.

Guilt was starting to eat away at her, she knew they have been affected by her distance to them.

Rebecca hugged Natsu tightly and he returned it.

"I really need to know...dad..."  Natsu nodded tiredly and pulled Rebecca inside his and Lucy's motel room.

They were debating on how long they were gonna stay in blue garden...

That was a conversation for another day... Natsu believed this day was gonna be tough.

Rebecca took a seat on the bed as Natsu sat next to her. Lucy was seated in a chair right across from them.

Rebecca looked at Lucy whose eyes looked sad.

" so I take it you wanna know the story behind Nashi..?" She whispered.

Rebecca nodded " I don't like to be left in the dark momma..." Lucy huffed and began explaining.

" Nashi is a name made out of mine and natsu's. Say? Rebecca dear, do you know what Natsu  means? " Lucy asked with a smile.

Rebecca shook her head no. She was confused but chose not to say anything.
Lucy look at Natsu with a smile on her face, "Natsu Translates to Summer. Summer happens to be when you were born, how crazy is that. Hah" she chuckled as if remembering a memory.

" I'm confused..." Rebecca admitted finally.

Natsu nodded because he knew, she only wanted them to get the point across.

" Honey...Nashi is or was your name." Natsu announced. Rebecca's eyes widened, " W-what? "

She was shocked to say the least. Lucy nodded not looking at Rebecca.
" Your name was supposed to be Nashi dragneel...You we're so cute...you had pink hair just like your father.." Natsu smiled sadly.

"pink hair? " Rebecca wanted to cry...what happened?
Why isn't her hair pink anymore?
Why does she have blue eyes instead of brown or green?
Why is her hair a different shade of blonde...?

Lucy's hair was more like a golden blonde...Rebecca's is a platinum.

" W-What happened..." Rebecca whispered Her thoughts clouded by sadness.

No one said anything for a while but Lucy looked up with anger in her brown eyes.

" That damn lab you got sent off too. They changed you completely...haven't you noticed how scarlet and shiki look almost exactly like their parents? " she asked.

Rebecca thought about it when it really sunk in, She was the only one who got the bad end of the stick.

All of a sudden Rebecca felt envy, she wanted to look like her family instead of an adopted daughter...Not that theirs anything wrong with that it's just she only wanted to Fit in with her Real  family.

" They have different names too right?" She asked.

Natsu nodded as he hummed.
" try not to sound too relieved sweetheart..." he chuckled.

Rebecca felt bad about hoping they had different names as well...her whole existence would have been fake if not.

" what was their names? " she asked

" Shikis real name was storm.. Scarlets was rosemary. "

Storm...huh?  Rebecca smiled she can see that name working for Shiki.

" I see..Thank you guys so much for telling me..." Rebecca said.

Natsu kissed her head and wrapped and arm around her shoulders.
" anything for you my sweet~~" he cooed. Rebecca sighed and just let him think what he wants.

" do they know? Shiki and scarlet? " she asked

Natsu nodded while Lucy smirked at Rebecca.

" Oooh so he knew? I'm so gonna get my revenge that asshole. " Rebecca was joking...but not about the revenge part. She had just the perfect idea in her mind. She smirked " that's my girl." Lucy said. She knew what Rebecca was thinking, which made Rebecca flush.

Natsu was helplessly confused until it hit him and he whined.

" damn it, tell that boy he better keep his popsicle away from your mouth! " Rebecca widened her eyes at him, she flushed even more and decided to leave.

" w-well I guess  I'm gonna go..kinda hungry. " Rebecca announced.

" we should go shopping sometime Rebecca." Lucy said with a smile and Rebecca nodded.

" sure mom..."

"I have a request though...would you both call me Nashi...? Only you guys. If someone else does it lash out at them" Rebecca laughed. Natsu and lucy ran up and hugged her tightly.

" That is the best think you could have asked of us Rebecca...thank you so much." Rebecca smiled with tears coming down her face.

She was happy again.

With her family.

Her real family.

Word count: 959

~*~

Author note: HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY READING THIS BOOK!! We've got like 800 reads! ❤️❤️❤️

Comment what your thoughts on the chapter! Also hit that star button! ❤️