Chapter 9

Rebeccas point of view

My eyes slowly open as I finally feel the warmth instead of an empty cold abyss. The first thing my eye land on is a figure falling to the ground. He has black hair, thats when my mind decides it's time to wake up, '' Sh--'' I can barely talk because my throat is so dry, The nurse i'm assumeing rushes over to the Sink in the room and gets me some water.

She holds it up to my lips as I take a slow and steady sip. Not a sound is coming out of anyone other than me sipping my water. I take a calming breath and look around the room, everyones faces are priceless. I mean they all look like they seen a ghost. I suddenly pale and check my arm to make sure it isnt see through. '' Don't worry Rebecca! Your still alive..It's just a shock to us.'' My eyes snapped over to scarlet who is on the brink of tears with a watery smile. I slowly move my gaze to the floor where a still passed out Shiki lay butt in the air with his face on the cold hard floor.

I wince as I attempt to get up and make my way over to him but i'm stopped by natsu and lucy.

'' Sit. We have this. '' He ordered and for some reason I felt the need to actually not be stubborn and listen to him. He squats down and picks shiki up and sets him on the couch in the corner of the room. '' Jeezus Gray your kid weighs alot. '' Natsu muttered trying to lighten the air, it was worth a shot buddy.

'' The hell is that supposed to mean, you Pyro?! '' he declared I wanted to laugh but for some reason I can't. I feel Emotionless. Almost as if I can't Show it, Like somthing is holding me back.

Shiki wakes up as soon as natsu throws him on the couch. '' No way! It's true. You really are alive!'' He sighed in releif and ran over to me on the bed and wasted no time in wrapping his arms around me. Tightly might I add but I didn't care because it was then that I had actually felt and emotion for the first time in a while it seemed.

The emotion I felt was somthing I had never felt before.

Safe.

I smiled a real smile and it kinda hurt when I had finally pulled my face into a smile as I returned Shiki's hug. I Ignored the pain from my wounds I forgot about everyone in the room becuase all of a sudden it was just me and shiki, I have these butterflies in my stomach as he pulls away a little bit but not letting go of me just yet. He looked me directly in the eyes and said the words I never thought I would hear from him.

'' I love Rebecca. God why didn't I realize it before. How could I have never even brought it up. Damn i'm an idiot but You know what. I don't give a damn. I'm not letting you go ever again and I mean it. I Was scared shitless when I thought I was about to lose you forever. You, My other half. My happiness the guy who I am today would not be present had I never met you and I am gonna always be thankful to you. Rebecca, I want you to know that you will never be getting away from me, this time was when I was blinded by Candi I hadnt noticed you suffering. I Swear to you I will fucking make it up to you. '' He grabbed my hand and pulled it to his chest I gave my hand a quick glance before I turned my eyes back to him. '' You feel that? That is what I feel every time Your near. I was such a damn fool to not notice it before. I know you feel the same too rebecca. I knew all about it but chose to ignore it becuase I didnt know what the fuck I wanted, Deep down in my heart I knew the awnser was you but i just couldnt risk our friendship, so I had to take whatever I could get. As long as you were in my life rebecca I could manage. '' and to top it all off he leaned his forhead on mine. '' Will you be my girlfriend? '' I couldnt take it his sweetness. I started crying  and nodded my head with a true smile on my face.

'' Of course you dummy! '' He sent me a huge grin and and leaned in to kiss me, it was Slow at first but it got a bit more heated, this kiss was so addictive, that it was unhealthy but I don't care. There are sparks. Somthing that has never happened before, Given this is our first kiss, I smiled as we pulled away huffing. All of a sudden shiki is yanked back away from me by non other than natsu who has a scowl on his face.

'' Thats enough out of you, Gravy boy. '' He sent a glare towards shiki before he turned his attention to me.

'' I'm so glad my only daughter is okay now...'' He said with a happy smile on his face but his words confused me..

'' Huh? ''

Word count: 950

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay. I'm so sorry for the wait I have been going through a bit since last time. I promise to try and have this book finished before the weekend is over! If you have any questions Please do not hesitate to ask me.

Yours Truly

~ Nova