Girl Meets Wrong

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

Riley and Maya sat alone during lunch. Every now and then looking over at the popular table where Lilith was sitting with Lucas, Farkle, and Zay as well as Sarah, Darby, Yogi, and a mess of others.

"Riles?" Maya finally asked.

"Yes Peaches?"

"Thanks." Maya smiled a waterery smile "You're my best friend."

"Of course Peaches, you don't need to thank me. They should never have made me pick. You're my best friend, and I'd pick you over anyone else." Riley threw her arm around Maya's shoulders.

"Why did they leave?" Maya asked quietly "Why does everyone but you always leave me? Is it my fault? What's so wrong with me that no one can stay with me but you?"

"Nothing's wrong with you Maya." Riley said sternly "You are beautiful and amazing and kind-"

"No I'm not!" Maya cut her off "I'm not any of those things. I'm not beautiful or amazing and I'm definitely not kind. I'm bad news. I'm the kind of kid no one wants their children around. Maybe they're right. Maybe no one should be around me. Maybe I should just-just..." she trailed off.

"Just what?" Riley asked.

"Just stop trying." Maya sighed "I should stop trying."

"No!" Riley stood up and grabbed her friend's arm, she started dragging her towards the popular table "Never stop trying. Never stop being you. Please Maya don't stop."

Lilith looked up to see the two girls standing in front of her "Hi?" She said "Can I help you?"

"Lilith," Riley straightened up "We wanted to say we're sorry."

The whole table went quiet and stared at Riley.

"Thank you Riley. I accept your apology." Lilith said kindly.

"Why?" Sarah asked rudely "What's she ever done to deserve your forgiveness?"

"I didn't say I forgive her. I said I accept her apology. I'm just giving her a chance to earn forgiveness." Lilith explained in a whisper.

"Is that a good idea?" Darby asked, leaning in and joining the conversation "After everything?"

"Maybe not. But I'm giving her a chance anyway." Lilith straightened up "Riley, Maya, would you like to join us?"

"Thanks!" Riley bounced into a seat, pulling Maya down onto the one next to her "So what are we talking about?"

"Lilith and some others are performing a song at the next assembly, she's telling us about their latest rehearsal." Yogi piped up.

"You can sing?" Maya interrupted rudely.

"Yeah, I've been taking lessons for a long time." Lilith said easily.

"Show us." Maya demanded "Come on, sing for us. Right now."

"Alright. Let's go to the music room. I can show you a song I've been working on." Lilith stood and so did Lucas, Farkle, Zay, Darby, Sarah, and Yogi. Riley and Maya looked at each other then hopped up to follow them out of the cafeteria.

When they reached the music room Lilith walked to the center, pulled out her phone and started the track.

When it's all began,
We knew there'd be a price...
Once upon a dream,
We were lost in love's embrace.
There We found a perfect place,
Once upon a dream.

Once there was a time,
Like no other time before,
Hope was still an open door,
Once upon a dream.

And I was unafraid,
The dream was so exciting!
But now I see it fade...
And I am here alone!

Once upon a dream,
You were heaven-sent to me,
Was it never meant to be?
Was it just a dream?

Could we begin again!...
Once upon a dream.

"I've been working on that song for a while. It's called 'Once Upon A Dream.' It's from a musical called 'Jekyll and Hyde.'" Lilith explained when she finished the song.

Maya's mouth was hanging open "Unbelievable." She murmured.

Riley jabbed her sharply with her elbow "That was amazing, Lilith. How long did it take you to get that good?"

"I've taken lessons for about 11 years and performed in the annual recitals every year." Lilith smiled "What about you two? What special talents do you have?"

"Maya's an artist!" Riley exclaimed.

"Really? How do you like to make your art? Paint? Pencil?"

"I like to paint." Maya said.

"You'll have to show me some of your pieces sometime." Lilith grinned "I love to paint. It's so relaxing."

"You paint too?" Maya was astounded "What can't you do? You're so fricking perfect, aren't you?"

"Maya, stop," Lucas said "please."

"What else can you do? Lillian?" Maya asked rudely.

"My. Name. Is. Lilith." Lilith growled.

"No it's not."

"Why do you hate me?" Lilith asked shocking the blonde.

She sputtered for a second before choking out "Leave. Lucas, Riley, Farkle. Leave."

"But-" Riley started.

"Leave."

Everyone except Lilith left, scurrying from the room like mice. Maya sat down on the piano bench and put her head in her hands.

After a moment Lilith sat down next to Maya. "Why do you hate me?" She asked quietly "What have I done to make you hate me so much?"

"It's-it's...I don't know." Maya sighed "I guess I wished you could trust us at first. But then, when I found out who you are, I wanted you to know we knew so you could tell us yourself. So I did more digging into you. After I read everything about the great Lillian Pain, I guess I got, maybe, a little jealous. You seemed so perfect and lucky. You have both your parents and they love you-"

"Love me?" Lilith laughed dryly "They barely tolerate me. They hate me and fake love for the cameras."

"Really?" Maya asked.

"Yes really. My parents expect me to be as successful as they are. My dad owns a huge company and my mom is a fashion designer. They expect nothing less than perfection. That's why...I can't believe I'm doing this...that's why they got me into the modeling business." Lilith explained.

"Ha! I knew it!" Maya shouted gleefully.

"Yeah You were right. I'm a model. My real name is Lilith Pane though. I work under the alias of Lillian Pain. That way no one knows who I really am." Lilith explained.

"I'm sorry." Maya apologized "I shouldn't have treated you the way I did. I have no excuse. I was jealous and awful and I'm so so sorry." Maya started to cry.

Lilith wrapped the crying girl in her arms and slowly rocked her back and forth, rubbing her back and whispering kind words of "It's okay. I forgive you."

"Thank you." Maya hiccuped as her tears slowed "Thank you."

"Better?" Lilith smiled.

"Yeah, Sorry. I shouldn't have broken down like that. I'm supposed to be strong. I'm supposed to be cool."

"Maya," Lilith said sternly "Part of being strong is showing emotion. It's okay to cry and be upset. Heck, I cry all the time. There is no way you and I are not strong. We are some of the strongest people in this school. Don't ever think that you aren't strong. And I think you're pretty damn cool."

"Thanks. You're pretty cool too." Maya smiled and the two hugged.

Word count: 1193 words

I know sometimes people in my stories seem a little out of character and I want to explain that I'm doing that to make the story move. I try to stay true to the characters as much as I can but sometimes they have to act strangely. People do too. So no hate please. I accept only constructive criticism and feedback. Thanks. Don't forget to comment, vote, and add to your reading lists!!!
Love,
The Author