Taehyung pushed the button above him, and the "bus stopping" sign lit up in red. Just like how he was sitting on the bus going in loops, not knowing where his destination was, he had spent the last 18 months going around in circles, in search of a relationship that never existed and would never exist. It was time to break out of this cycle.

As the bus came to a steady stop and Taehyung stepped off the bus, he spotted a familiar yellow building. The one Jieun had showed him before when he asked what her neighbourhood looked like. Taehyung marched towards that direction, his destination clear.

He was always used to giving others strength, but not today. Today, he wanted to break out of the cycle and rely on someone for strength.

~

"Kim Taehyung?" Jieun stood at the door, her face in shock. "What are you doing here at this time? Why are your eyes-"

Jieun stopped short, because at that moment, Taehyung threw himself into Jieun's arms, taking her by surprise.

"Wha-"

"Just a moment, just for a while." Taehyung hugged Jieun tight and closed his eyes.

Human touch.

He used to fear it so much because it made him weak. But he couldn't be weak. He need to be strong, for others.

But today, he wanted to be weak. To be vulnerable in front of someone he trusted.

He squeezed Jieun tight. The smell of her hair made Taehyung feel better immediately. Just the idea that someone was there for him made him feel not so... alone.

Taehyung heard a cough coming from inside the house and looked up. Jieun's parents were seated at the dining table, halfway through dinner, and had been watching the two of them the entire time.

Oh, crap.

Taehyung let go of Jieun immediately, blushing from head to toe. "Annyeonghaseyo," Taehyung bowed for ten seconds, as if that would do anything to make up to Jieun's parents when a random guy enters their house and the first thing he does is hug their daughter. "I'm really sorry for interrupting," he added.

He expected Jieun's father to immediately run after him with a knife or something, but he simply smiled. Jieun's mom even came the door, with a huge smile on her face.

"Who's this?" Jieun's mom asked Jieun gently. "Wah, he's even more handsome up close, huh." She turned to Taehyung. "Would you like to come in to have dinner with us?"

Taehyung rejected kindly. "No, not at all. I'm extremely sorry for interrupting your dinner. I just wanted to talk to Jieun for a while."

"Oh, sure. Take her," Jieun's mom smiled warmly and winked at Jieun. "Take all the time you want!"

"Mom!" Jieun glared at her mom sternly and pushed Taehyung out of the door. "We'll just go down for a walk. I'll be back soon!"

She closed the door behind her. She made eye contact with Taehyung and patted his shoulder. "Are you alright?"

Taehyung almost nodded out of habit, but he made special effort this time. He shook his head.

"Come, let's go," Jieun grabbed Taehyung by the arm and limped towards the elevator. Her ankle still wasn't fully well yet. "Let's go down and talk."

Taehyung looked down at her foot. "Are you sure..."

"No problem, I feel much better already," Jieun smiled reassuringly.

The two walked to the playground downstairs in silence.

"So... what happened?" Jieun asked. She had bought each of them a can of coke and they were now sitting on the swings, side by side. "Tell me."