Taehyung glanced at Seokjin. Something about him had changed, too. Again, nothing much physically. But he looked kind of dead in the eyes - there wasn't any way else to put it.

Taehyung frowned. What had happened up there? What did Seokjin say to her? Taehyung gulped. What did Seokjin... do to her?

Jisoo smiled sweetly. "No, it's fine, auntie. My stomach just was a bit upset, so I took a bit longer. I'm fine now."

"Oh! Do you want some warm tea, then?" Mrs Kim went with the flow so that she wouldn't make things so awkward. She glanced at Taehyung, as if seeking his approval, before turning to Seokjin. "Bring Jisoo to sit down over there, I think the guests will arrive soon."

"I'll go help your mom in the kitchen," Mr Kim said, following behind Mrs Kim, even though Taehyung wasn't sure why making tea required two people.

Taehyung watched as Seokjin supported Jisoo to take a seat on the sofa. His eyes landed on the maroon knitted muffler that lay on the table. His eyes shifted onto Jisoo who was staring at Seokjin with hearts in her eyes.

The party hadn't started and it was already a mess.

Ding dong!

At that moment, the bell rang and Taehyung's eyes lit up.

This was his chance.

~

"You sure this is the correct place?"

"It's correct!"

"We're gonna bust that girl."

"Damn right! We need to teach her a lesson never ever to mess with our F4... and us fans!"

Taehyung reached outside the cafe where Jieun's anti fanclub was held a while later. Half an hour ago, about 20 people had arrived at the Kim Residences for his mom's birthday party.

His mom had caught him in the act of sneaking out, but had let him go anyway, understanding that it was awkward for him. He gave his mom a light peck on the cheek, telling her that he'd make amends later on, and left the party.

Taehyung had gone undercover, wearing full black including a black cap, a black mask and black sunglasses and took a seat near the entrance. Many people passed by him without recognising him at all. Some people had even called him creepy as they passed.

How cruel reality is, Taehyung thought to himself. To think these were the same people who adored him in school, just because he showed his face.

At that moment, he saw someone with a familiar stature enter the cafe. She was small and petite, more than the average high schooler her age. She was wearing a dress, but had sunglasses and a cap on. Taehyung couldn't see her face, but recognised her at one glance. The way she walked, the smell of her perfume as she passed by, even the way she breathed. They were friends for ten years for a reason. Choi Yoojung, Taehyung thought as he grinned.

He saw Yoojung taking a seat at a huge table meant for about 12 people. He moved closed as a girl sitting next to Yoojung stood up at the table, counting heads. But she didn't stop there. She turned around and counted heads at the table behind hers and another table nearby.

3 tables of 12 people each - that meant 36 anti-fans in total showing up today. Taehyung gulped. This probably wasn't even full strength. Why did so many people hate Jieun? They were all dressed similarly to Yoojung, with masks, sunglasses and caps. They probably didn't wanna reveal their identity at all, either, Taehyung guessed.

Taehyung moved closer to the three tables, ordering a glass of coke so that he wouldn't look so suspicious. He was about an arm's distance away from Yoojung, but she hadn't noticed him yet - probably because she wasn't looking out for him. But where was Jimin?