Leo flipped to the god's chapter and started reading.

Read. Read. Read. Since when did I become such a bookworm? he thought, eyes fluttering again. He was reading about Asclepius' symbol, when his eyes shut without his permission. He would've fallen asleep if he hadn't pinched himself.

He jumped, eyes snapping open. 

Yeah hurting yourself was bad, but if it kept him awake, Leo didn't care.

He continued reading.

...Upon hearing the death of her hunting companion, Hippolytos, the son of Theseus, a grief-stricken Artemis begged her nephew Asclepius, the best physician in all of Greece to bring the deceased back to life. Leo perked up at that. He began to eagerly read more. Asclepius complied by creating the Physician's Cure and administering it into the dead prince.

The Physician's Cure...

Resting the flashlight on his lap, Leo took out his notepad and began to write his findings down. 

Okay we have a name. the son of Hephaestus thought. How do we make it?

He picked up the book and was about to read more details, when he heard the attic door suddenly slam open. 

"Leo! I swear to the gods when I find you here-!" a voice hissed, causing Leo to stiffen.

Crap, how long have I been in here?

He hurriedly shut off his flashlight and hugged the book to his chest. It was probably a stupid idea to hide, especially when he wasn't in the best hiding place. But he really didn't want to be found by the angry son of Hades. Who knows what he'll do to him?!

Okay, okay! Don't panic! Leo thought, mind racing. Just wait until he leaves, then run downstairs and tell everyone you decided to... uh...Take a walk in the woods! A nice long walk in the woods... Full of monsters... Without telling anyone... And covered in cobwebs.... Leo grimaced. Damnit! Hermes was right, I do suck at lying.

As he struggled to think of a good lie, he didn't notice the sound of footsteps, or that they were coming closer.

Got it! I... er... decided to sleep in the Big House! Yeah I didn't want to be a bother so I decided, why not sleep in the attic?... On the cold hard floor... Without my sleeping bag... And without telling anyone... Leo slapped his forehead. He was trying! He really was! But his brain felt like a fried egg! Why am I so exhausted? I didn't even do anything besides read all day! 

"Valdez!" the voice growled behind him.

Leo turned around and gulped. Busted.

He didn't think he's ever seen Nico di Angelo look as angry than he did right now.

"Uh... Hi Nico!" Leo tried to say cheerfully. He forced himself to smile and wave at the scowling boy. 

The son of Hephaestus scrambled to his feet and tried to ignore the room spinning around him.

He swayed a bit, but still kept smiling. "Um... Good morning?" Was it morning? He lost track of time. "How'd you sleep?" He figured he should ask some conversational questions. That should help Nico cool down.

"Fine." he answered gruffly. "Until I woke up this morning and saw everyone running around, trying to find where you went!" Leo guiltily winced. "What are you doing here?! People are worried! They're starting to think you ran away!"

"I'm sorry," Leo said, racking his brain for an answer. "I wasn't tired and I thought maybe I could... hang out here?"

Leo inwardly groaned. Hermes would've died in second-hand embarrassment.