2

°•~☆~•°

°•~☆~•°

"I thought driving you to and from here was part of the deal. Not helping you set up the place." I complained as I set down one of the boxes with the equipment.

By the time we had arrived, the stylists were already at the place where the shoot was being held, but there was no sign of Maren's boss/mentor, Matthew. Normally, he would already be there about an hour or so before us, depending on his work schedule, but apparently Maren got a text from him saying that he was arriving a bit late and asked her to set up the place whilst he was on his way. That, unfortunately meant that I was forced to help her.

"Okay first off," she said looking at me. "all you're doing is just unloading the boxes while I set up the equipment until Matt comes. Last thing we both need is you breaking something like last time."

"At least I replaced it." I pouted.

"Second, you're helping either way because there ain't no way I'm doing all the work by myself when there's an extra pair of hands at my disposal," she told me. "you can always gawk at Jungkook's abs later, you thirsty ho."

I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment. "It's for sketch references!"

"Your browsing history says otherwise, Honey Bee. Not to forget all the Jungkook pictures in your gallery and the Jungkook fanfiction in your Wattpad library."

Not to self: make sure to install an app lock or change my passcode if Maren ever decides to snoop through my phone and violate my privacy. 

"How long 'til he gets here?" I asked.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late."

We turned our gaze to the dark haired man who had just made his entrance into the scene. "Hey, Matt," Maren greeted him with a smile. "you're not really late though, since we got here about thirty minutes ago. I brought my friend Beverley, if that's okay with you."

He turned his attention to me and said, "Hey."

I responded with a curt nod and a small smile, acknowledging his greeting. 

"Is everyone ready for the shoot?" he turned his attention back to Maren. 

"Everyone is all set. Just need to finish off setting the equipment and wait for the makeup artist who was supposed to be here hours ago." Maren rolled her eyes. "How Claire deals with such incompetent people is far beyond me, I can tell you that much."

"Which makeup artist was assigned for this shoot?"

"Who do we know for being an entitled airhead and makes every Karen look like saints and comes to every shoot she's assigned to whenever she feels like it?"

"Donna?"

"Fucking Donna!" She confirmed. "Good thing we have a sub in case that bitch decides to bail. But I swear to gawd! If that Instagram ho decides to show up and throws a hissy fit about having a sub cover for her, I am not holding back on the insults. And she better not test me to clap her ass to the next century."