Postlude

°○°○°○°○°

°○°○°○°○°

I closed the zipper of my duffle bag. I had to rush home an hour before school was over so I could get started on packing and leave before Gran and Dad got home.

After clearing my room, I sat down on my bed and looked around the room for the last time until my eyes landed on a photograph of Dad, Gran, and I on my first day of first grade.

I picked up the frame containing the picture and examined it closely.

Gran was happy and excited for me back then.

Dad was trying to fight back the worry and fear he had through his tight smile.

I was a little nervous and withdrawn.

I wasn't much of a fan of change - even now as an adult. When you're so used to doing the same routine it becomes difficult to break away from it and be open to try new things but you're forced to do so whether you liked it or not but eventually with time you adapt and get used to the change - just like how I was trying to get used to the change I was going through.

I didn't like the change but at least I had someone who was willing to help me get through it and made me feel less alone every step of the way. That was what really mattered and put me at ease.

I put the photograph back on my head dresser. As I grabbed my bags and made my way out, I turned back to my room one more time.

As much as I had so many memories and a life in that room - that house I called my home - it was now time for me to move on and start a new life elsewhere.

End Of Part Two...