One Step Closer

Începe de la început

Jungkook frowned. "Alright, then." He stood up. "I'm gonna take a nap, so call me when Mr Kim is here, alright?"

Jieun nodded. Urgh- Lee Jieun, you fool! How difficult was that to ask? How long are you going to be limited by your anxiety-

"Oh, by the way." Jungkook said nonchalantly, but Jieun snapped to attention straightaway.

"Yeah?"

He reached under his table, pulling out the pink box from earlier, throwing it carelessly onto Jieun's table. "For you."

Jieun's eyes widened. This was the box Lisa just gave him. "What?"

"Someone gave it to me and I don't like chocolate so you can have it." Jungkook mumbled, putting on his headphones. "Eat it if you want. If not, help me throw it away."

Jieun opened the box, only to find eight pretty chocolate truffles waiting to be devoured. She looked up at Jungkook, who was already resting peacefully on his desk.

Jieun beamed.

It was as if the answers to all the questions she wanted to ask Jungkook didn't matter anymore.

~

"Okay, guys. Class dismissed!" Ms Ahn announced at the end of art class.

Almost two weeks had passed with negligible F5 drama. It was already Friday - everyone's favourite day of the week. It wasn't just because that meant the arrival of the weekends, but for Class 12B, it also meant PE lessons, which was almost everyone's favourite class, other than majority of the geeks, who would very much rather study.

"Oh- I almost forgot." Ms Ahn addressed the class one more time. "Um, Mr Kim would like me-"

The class let out a collective "oh~" at the mention of Mr Kim. Mr Kim and Ms Ahn had finally gone public with their relationship and rumours about their marriage coming soon was also rampant in the class. The so-called rumours traced back to Seokjin and he denied it, but everyone knew better.

Ms Ahn blushed slightly, coughing loudly to silence the class. "Mr Kim would like me to remind you all that your examinations are exactly a month from now and to study hard. Any questions?"

A hand shot up at the back of the classroom, to Jieun's right.

"Yes, Hoseok?"

Jieun was caught by surprise. For her first month in school, it had always been Seokjin sitting to her right with an aisle in between them. However...

Her eyes shifted to Byulyi. She was looking worse than ever. Ever since Seokjin had insisted on swapping seats with Hoseok to avoid seating with Byulyi, they hadn't said a single word to each other. Everyone in F5 were worried for the two of them - they just didn't say it.

"You two look great together!" Hoseok shouted and the class burst into laughter.

Ms Ahn looked slightly flustered and her cheeks turned pink again. "I asked for questions, Hoseok." She paused. "But thank you."

"Oh, then can I ask a question?" Hoseok answered.

"Go ahead."

"What do you like about Mr Kim?" Hoseok asked cheekily and the class burst into laughter again.

Ms Ahn turned beet red this time. "That's not relevant to the exams, is it?" She glanced at her watch. "Oh, time for me to get to my next class. Class dismissed!"

And she walked out of the classroom, amidst more cheering and laughter. Hoseok waved his hand dramatically, as if he did something great, and the class cheered him on enthusiastically. He was really popular, indeed.