The group of men began to disband and retreated to their tents, ready to rest for the on coming days ahead of them. Micah lazily shoved past Arthur, "looks like you get to keep that little harlot of yours after all, cowpoke. Better keep an eye out for her. I know I already do."

Arthur wanted to curse him, punch him even, but he did nothing. He kept quiet through gritted teeth, resisting the urge to push him down and threaten his life. Arthur figured the whole group had enough of arguing and stress as it was.

* * *

The sun rose and the morning had arrived. (Y/n) had woken up and saw Arthur laying down at the floor next to her on a blanket, still sleeping. Trying to be courteous, she quietly slipped away in attempt to not wake Arthur up. (Y/n) could see his peaceful face twitch in his sleep every now and then, his chest moving up and down in accordance to his breaths. She only studied him momentarily before sneaking away to the shoreline of the camp.

It had appeared that no one in the camp was awake. "I did sleep for quite some time yesterday. I'm very much well rested," she said to herself. "I just want to wash my face and wade in the water for a bit." Seeing as there was no harm being done, (Y/n) had walked slowly into the knee-deep water. Yes, she was still very sore because of the inflicted injury, but was not unbearable. The stitches had helped tremendously, but she still held back on strenuous activities.

So, because of her recovering wound, (Y/n) waded in the water only up to her knees. She had splashed her face with the water and stood there look to the horizon while in the white sleeping gown she was given to wear yesterday. It was peaceful. She needed to feel calm. It was a while since she had felt so serene.

* * *

Arthur woke up finally after a fly buzzed around his face. He grunted and shifted around, swatting the pest away. Then, he laid still before abruptly getting up. He turned to his side, "(Y/n)?" She was not there. "Shit! Where'd she go?" Arthur said as he got up and looked around the camp. Luckily, no one else was up to see that (Y/n) had gone missing without the watch of Arthur.

He tried to keep a calm attitude, but Arthur was beginning to feel on edge. He did not want to know what Dutch would do if (Y/n) left without a word. Would he personally seek her out? Arthur did not want to find out. He just wanted to know that she was safe. Finally, he saw (Y/n) standing in the water next to the camp. He rushed over to where she stood.

(Y/n) could hear running coming towards her. She turned and saw Arthur hurrying over to her, so she smiled and waved. The closer he got, however, the more confused she became. His face looked distressed, almost furious. "What's wrong-" she inquired before Arthur wrapped his hands around her upper arms.

"Don't you ever run off like that!" He sternly said. His face was directly across from her's, his eyes searching her own for an answer. His brows were knitted, almost angry-like.

"But- but I just thought-" croaked (Y/n).

Arthur quickly and lightly shook her, "you are not allowed to leave the camp unless you tell me! Do you understand?"

(Y/n) was almost terrified. She had not the slightest clue as to what was going on with the usual, gentlemanly Arthur she had known. Had she been delusional? Was this his true nature? This side of him scared her. She quickly nodded with furrowed brows, tears filling her eyes to the brim.

Now, he had felt guilty. His features softened at the sight of her scared look. "Come here," Arthur said as he wrapped his arms around her shaking form. He was careful not to mess with her stitches. "I'm sorry... it's going to be okay," he assured. He did not mean to frighten (Y/n), but Arthur deeply cared for her. He worried she was taken away after all. He thought she was sold or kidnapped in the night. For all he knew, she could have innocently left the camp and would have been in grave trouble, whether it be with Dutch and the gang or another pack of wolves.

Slowly, (Y/n) managed to slide her arms up to hug Arthur back in return, closing her eyes and letting her tears fall. The two had stayed like that for a moment before walking back to shore.

* * *

"So," started (Y/n), "I can't leave?"

Arthur shook his head, "not without me. That's the rules now."

The two of them were leaning their backs against a tree. Arthur was explaining the circumstance she was tied to. He expected to hear (Y/n) complain and say how this was not fair. He knew how much she insisted on living on her own away from people she was. Surely, this would be devastating news.

She turned her head and looked up to him, "Well, I mean, that's not entirely bad."

Surprised, he quickly turned his head to (Y/n). "But I thought you wanted to be alone-" he said.

(Y/n) laughed, "No, I don't want to be alone. I had just thought that's the way things were going to have to be. But now, here I am, with you. If I had to be stuck with someone, I rather it be you, Arthur Morgan, than anyone else."

Arthur turned forward again and nodded, processing what (Y/n) had just said. He was happy to hear that she liked his company.

She saw a smile form on his mouth and chose to tease him. "Well, I mean, you sometimes can be a little much," she joked, "maybe being stuck with you won't be as nice as I had initially thought."

He broke into a full smile and turned his whole body to face (Y/n). "Oh really? What, you can't handle me and my teasin'? I guess I've won it all since I'm apparently too 'much' for you, Li'l Missy," he joked.

(Y/n) raised her brows, "sure, sure why not? You're simply too much to handle, you're right."

"Too much, huh?" Arthur said, "I guess you don't need me to cook for you then since you despise me so-"

"Never mind. I take it all back. You're a perfect chaperone, I'm so lucky to have you," said (Y/n), now hugging Arthur's arm as an apology.

He shook his head, "I knew that'd get you back on my side."

"You know me well, then," (Y/n) said, "does this mean you're going to be my personal chef after all?"