♦2.6♦

*
*
*
|
|
|

20th Century

AZALEA SAT QUIETLY IN THE OWLERY STROKING A COOING MERLIN. Azalea had thought long and hard about everything that Hermione said and couldn't help but finding herself wanting to forgive the raven haired boy... although she could not forgive him when he had not even apologized. The girl had spent much of the evening with Fred and George Weasley in the Gryffindor common room where they moaned and groaned about their hatred for Umbridge and devised a plan to make her life a living hell. Azalea doubted the plans would ever take place, Molly would be furious. 

Now, she was waiting for the correct time for her to head to Professor Dumbledore's office for their customary chats that they had every other day.  A lot had happened in the past week and a half, for instance Umbridge had began inspecting lessons, she had visited a seventh year Charms class, a Divination lesson, Transfiguration (which McGonagall was appalled by) and a care of magical creatures class that was being taken over by a substitute as Hagrid had gone on a 'mission' for Dumbledore. Harry had also managed to get even more detentions after an uproar about Quirrell and Hermione had stuck to her word and asked Harry to take over teaching DADA, he disagreed at first but after more awful lessons and more plaques being put in the wall, he had finally relented and they had a meeting at Hogsmeade over the weekend. Azalea was torn about whether to attend.

Finally, when the time came, the adorable brunette stopped cooing to her owl and allowed him to fly back to where he had came from, a deep sigh emitted from her as she stormed off to Dumbledore's office. She did not wish to attend school anymore. The only friends she had were Hermione, the twins and occasionally Luna Lovegood along with many of the ghosts that lined the halls. She was also considering that one day soon it would be Christmas and she had no where to go. She figured she would stay considering Hogwarts was and had forever been her home.

"Hello Azalea Dear" Dumbledore greeted as she entered his office, she worried how much longer he would remain in the castle because he had admitted to her that at some point his time would come and he would have to go, Umbridge would be sure of it. Though he had of course promised to stay in contact with her. She took her usual seat opposite her Uncle for all intents and Purposes. 

"Hello" she returned with a soft smile. They just looked at one another for a moment. "Why am I required to be here?" she wondered and he frowned before she elaborated "Why am I attending Hogwarts? I could just hide away until I am needed?"

"We need you to keep up appearances and make allies"

"Yes, because that has gone brilliantly thus far" she stated lowly and looked down at her hands, she had noticed that she had been becoming rude with her agitation and she felt awful "I am sorry, I just do not have much of a desire to remain here. It is not the same as I remember, it is not the home I once had" she stated as she glanced around. 

"I am incredibly aware of that Azalea and all will be okay. But you must remain here, we must stick to the plan that we have set" he informed and she sighed, she knew that during the summer the headmaster had the plan to track down horcruxes. He had included her in all of his schemes, he trusted her with each and every one. Though one he refused to admit was ones surrounding the Potter boy. "How are things between you and Harry?"

"I think he believes that I owe him an apology in the same way that I believe he owes me one. We have reached... an impasse of sorts. I suppose our stubborn natures are prohibiting us from moving passed the small spat" she smiled softly and the headmaster chuckled in return.

"He will come around... he likes you"

"Not in the way you assume, he is currently devoting his time to Cho Chang" Azalea smirked, slightly proud to be able to prove Dumbledore's absurd words incorrect. This shocked him as he knew the prophecies were entwined and he presumed that the pair would be much closer than they currently were. 

"Please, put your stubbornness aside and forgive the boy, the time is fast approaching that he will need protection. He is not as strong as he believes, he is nowhere near as strong as you are, neither of them are. They all need you. Protect them" Dumbledore practically begged and she looked at him peculiarly. 

"You know that I do not have a choice. Not anymore, the connection... it is getting worse. My parents know that I am not supposed to be with him... as such, but they know that I am supposed to protect me and they are not happy at me for defying that." 

"What do you mean?" Dumbledore wondered and Azalea whipped off her glove, placing her left hand on the table between them. The professor was shocked to see that carved into the back of her hand, in the handwriting of Harry Potter was the words 'I must not tell lies'. Dumbledore had long since learnt of what Dolores had done to the students and knew that Harry was a part of that. 

"If he gets hurt... I get hurt" she stated and the professor was incredibly shocked. He had not known that the bond would stretch that far. "This is not only about protecting Hogwarts anymore... this is about protecting Harry. He can end this war... cant he? He is the only one that can bring this to a stop?"

"Yes" Dumbledore relented.

"They know... my parents know, the prophecy knows that he is the only chance of protecting Hogwarts.. my purpose has changed" she stated and looked at her hand. 

"I am concerned about this" Dumbledore gestured to her hand, she could not touch him without feeling as though she was burning and she couldn't allow him to get hurt without feeling it also. The founders had turned their daughter into his shield. Nobody could get to him without going through her first. 

"What are we to do?"

"I will speak to Severus and Minerva, there had to be a way to help you with these issues and in the mean time, do not allow Harry to see this and be careful around him. If he gets hurt and you react to a mirror injury, he will notice and that is not what we want."