♥1.6♥

*
   *
*
|
|
|

20th century

HARRY STARTLED AWAKE, HE HAD BEEN DREAMING ABOUT CEDRIC ONCE MORE THOUGH THE DREAM HAD CHANGED TO A DOOR IN A CORRIDOR WHICH HE NEVER MANAGED TO REACH. Rolling to his feet he pulled on his slippers and headed down the stairs as he had the previous day, upon entering the kitchen he found Azalea sat on the table as she had been the previous day.

"Hello" was her greeting as he made his way to the fridge, he pulled out the milk once more and as he was about to ask her if she wanted a cup, he found that she already had one gripped between her delicate fingers, a ring glinting against the cup.

"Hi, nice ring" he gestured to the silver Hogwarts ring and she smiled in a gentle thanks. He sat beside her on the table with a sigh, following her gaze to the moon through the glass. "How was your day?" He asked, avoiding the question that he wished to ask.

"It started fine...good in fact but happiness is hard to retain in this world" she spoke softly, her crimson lips moving only slightly. Harry took her hand in his free one and she noticed but did not complain, she didn't want to frighten him with the knowledge that his touch pained her. "Things are changing at Hogwarts Harry" he looked up at her frowning face.

"What do you mean?" He was curious, when had the girl even been to Hogwarts? He assumed she went for her sorting but surely that wasn't enough to know that things had changed?

"You must promise me you will not tell a soul. Even those friends of yours, not yet" she pleaded and he nodded, rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand in a soothing manner, little did he know that there was nothing soothing about the gesture... In fact it burnt her to the bone. "There is a new defence against the dark arts teacher, she is a ministry worker" Harry understood the underlying message in her words. The ministry was interfering at Hogwarts and the ministry utterly disregarded his report of Voldemorts return the previous year.

"This isn't going to be a good year"

"Do not worry Harry, as long as Dumbledore runs the school, nothing bad can happen" she softened and rested her head against his shoulder, cringing in slight pain when her bare forehead hit his neck as he merely passed it off as a shiver from the cold. He shrugged off his hoodie that he'd grabbed from the wardrobe on the way down, offering it to her.

"Are you sure? You may become cold" she questioned and he just smiled at her in reassurance, the brunette pulled on his hoodie and pulled up the hood, she had found that only bare skin on bare skin seemed to hurt her and so when she leant on him next, her forehead was covered and didn't burn.

"You never did tell me about your father" he prompted, she looked beautiful in his Gryffindor hoodie and anyone would be an idiot to deny that. Her curls were splayed around his shoulder and he casually played with one strand. Her hair had looked beautiful straight that day but he definitely preferred her natural curls which had been restored when she slept..

"What do you wish to know?" She questioned as he dropped her curl and grabbed her hand, he just felt so relaxed with her that he felt as though he could do anything.

"What was he like?"

"Well, he was strict and he was adamant that i did as he said when he said it. He often got angry when i did not do what he wanted" she shrugged, thinking about her Slytherin creator. "But he was also warm and funny, very brave and smart" she smiled thinking about Godric, he was the perfect father to her and out balanced Salazar.

"He sounds sort of bipolar" Harry blurted out before instantly regretting it and flushing a faded red along his cheekbones.

"Hmm" she sighed in gentle agreement. Azalea vowed to get herself a pair of gloves so that her hands would no longer sting. It felt the same as if you fell on stone and braced the impact with your hands but the longer she held his hand it began to just be a numb dull ache like that of a bruise.

"Are you excited about going to Hogwarts?" She nodded instantly and he chuckled but that soon diminished as he thought.

"What is wrong? Something is bothering you" she informed and turned her body to face him with care and concern glistening in her eyes, she took both his hands this time and he had no choice but to turn to her or be pulled off the table.

"I am just worried about the trial" he confessed and sighed loudly, glancing up at the moon throughout the window. Azalea remembered a time when there was no such limitation upon magic, with each spell one learnt they would receive the right to use it out of the school environment.

"Do not worry Harry, uncle Albus will not let anything bad happen" the Potter boy snapped his head up quickly and the girl blushed "sorry, he gave me permission to call me that...he is the first person i have become close to since my parents."

"That's okay. I was just a little bit shocked is all" he informed and removed one of his hands from hers and used it to grab her and pull her into a hug. She turned her head so that she would not touch his bare skin and was glad to say that she was getting used to it...the magical restriction that is. She was shocked that he was so affectionate with her but didn't question, perhaps it was a sign of the times.. or perhaps he required the comfort.

"Maybe you should go to bed Harry and get some sleep?" She suggested and he thought about it before nodding reluctantly and standing. Azalea began to remove his hoodie but he stopped her.

"You keep it" he smiled and hugged her again "as your first Gryffindor themed clothing" he chuckled and began to leave the room. "Goodnight Azalea"

"Goodnight Harry"