♦2.5♦

*
*
*
|
|
|

20th Century

AZALEA WATCHED CURIOUSLY AS A PLAQUE WAS HAMMERED INTO THE WALL ABOVE THE DOOR OF DOLORES UMBRIDGES OFFICE BY A DISGRUNTLED LOOKING FILCH. The new sign decreed that Umbridge had put Educational decree #23 into effect and was now High Inquisitor of Hogwarts School. The daughter of said school was slightly amused at the concept. She wondered what the bizarre lady would achieve with her new power status. She also wondered what Uncle Albus thought of the strange turn of events. For the past three days, Azalea had been avoiding Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley though still spoke to Hermione who had become a fabulous friend to her. It almost seemed that Hermione knew who she was but the pretty time traveller did not want to question it. 

"What's going on?" Hermione wandered as she joined the other brunette along with the other students who had come to see what all the racket and ruckus was about. Filch was definitely making unnecessary noise with the task at hand. 

"Just Umbridge claiming her right to power" The shorter girl informed and Hermione was shocked.

"Surely Dumbledore won't stand for this" the smartest witch in the year returned in shock as the pair began to make their way toward the library where they spent most of their down time together. Azalea felt like asking if Hermione knew but if she did and Hermione didn't know, that would be very awkward. Hermione constantly busied her mind with spells and other trivial things so Azalea had a hard time working out if her friend knew her secret. 

"He does not exactly have much of a choice, it is a ministry decree, he'd be defying them to reject it." She sighed in annoyance, she hated to see her school like this. It was not supposed to be this way, it used to be about learning magic in a safe environment where nobody judged you. It was no longer that way and it made Azalea sad to see how things were changing. 

"Anyway" Hermione began, wanting to change the subject "You really need to make up with Harry" the bushy brunette smiled sadly "When you do, Ron will apologize, the twins are giving him a hard time for being so horrid to you."

"Why do I have to make up with Harry?" she asked, already knowing what Hermione was going to say as she had overheard the golden trios conversation during potions the previous day.

"Because, Harry is getting really close with Cho Chang." Hermione rose her eyebrows as though there was a hiding meaning behind her words but as ever, Azalea remained ignorant to it. "Oh come on, everyone could see how close the pair of you were! He completely fancied you" Hermione informed and Azalea rolled her eyes once more at the term. 

"Hermione, it is really none of my business who Harry 'gets close' with" Azalea giggled, only sending her friend a slight side eye as Hermione groaned. For the past few days the muggle born witch had been trying to persuade her friend into believing Harrys feelings toward her but just as she had done with Dumbledore, she remained in disagreement. 

"It does matter to you Azalea, he's supposed to be with you, not her. I mean she's pretty and all but you have a chemistry that they just do not have." 

"Honestly Hermione, have you noticed the way his expression changes when she walks passed?" Azalea giggled as she continued to write an essay for potions class. Hermione figured she got on so well with the brunette because she cared as much about her work as the dentists daughter did. She also respected the rules and was incredibly talented, even more so than Harry and Hermione but the new girl didn't show off about what she could do. "Have you read the prophet recently? Sturgis Podmore was sentenced to six months in Azkaban for breaking into the ministry"

"That's crazy, things are changing so much around here" Hermione frowned. "We need a real Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher" The dentists daughter had a suspicion of who the girl was due to a book that she had read but she didn't want to bring it up because she didn't want to be considered crazy by her new friend. "I don't suppose you would like to teach people?"

"Pardon? Hermione that is absurd, I do not know anything about the Dark Arts" she lied smoothly and Hermione pouted, she knew that her friend had more secrets to reveal than she was letting on but she had also developed a different plan, there's no better defence teacher than Harry considering he had faced evil and everyone knew about it. "Besides there is absolutely no way that Umbridge is going to let you do a club for the Dark Arts" 

"That's why it would be a secret" Azalea just rolled her eyes at this as she finished writing a huge scroll for her essay, her handwriting was small but perfectly cursive and Hermione envied her for it. 

"Hermione, you need to be careful." Azalea warned and Hermione saw many meanings flash through the girls eyes but merely frowned and nodded in agreement. 

"I am going to ask Harry to teach it, tonight" the muggle born finalised as she also finished her scroll and lay it flat to allow the ink to dry. 

"I do not think he will agree"

"Why don't you ask him?" Hermione wondered and Azalea rose her eyebrow incredulously, what was the girl attempting to do?

"Hermione, I am currently not even in the position to ask harry to borrow a quill let alone ask him to teach a secret club" The brunette rolled her eyes and leant back in her chair in frustration. Azalea just wished that things would be okay, she had not expected the school to be in such a position of disarray when she entered this time.