♠O.7♠

*
   *
*
|
|
|
20th Century

WITHIN THE CITY OF LONDON, IN A HIDDEN WIZARD STREET KNOWN AS DIAGON ALLEY, THE PROFESSOR AND THE DAUGHTER OF HOGWARTS ASSESSED A LINE OF TRUNKS. One in particular caught the professors eye and it seemed perfect for the girl though she seemed to not mind which she was given which was good, he was glad that she didn't argue back about things as many teenagers did.

"This one" he gestured to the only red trunk in the long line "has an extendable enchantment and it also has a feather enchantment so you will be able to lift it easily?" He suggested, knowing that she would say yes to anything he picked as she trusted him and didn't understand shopping.

"Let us get that one" she nodded and picked it up, following the professor to the desk, the old lady behind smiled sweetly at the pair, she could tell by the girls height that she was not a first year but she found it rude to ask so did not comment as she sold the carrier. "Thank you" the little brunette smiled at the lady as she took the trunk.

"You are very welcome dear, have a good day" the lady watched the brunette and the old man leave and was curious as to who the girl was. She had heard lots of rumours circulating that Dumbledore was getting a little old but she found that to be ridiculous, he was intelligent and she had forever trusted his opinion.

"Now what do we need?" She asked as she carried the trunk, grateful that she was able to do so with ease due to the lack of people in the alley on that particular misty day.

"Now we need to get you some robes" he informed and pointed out their next location to her. 'I hope they are comfier than these clothes' she purposely said through his mind and he was shocked but laughed nonetheless.

"They are" he promised and they entered the robe shop. As she was fitted for her Hogwarts robes, Dumbledore excused himself, he had heard that Hagrid had purchased Harry an owl when he first went to Diagon Alley and the old man saw that as a good idea, Azalea was going to have to take her O.W.Ls that year and had no friends yet, the least he could do was give her a companion.

The old man seemed to have a plan as sorts as he purchased a pure black owl that was the polar twin of Harry's bird Hedwig, it was almost as if the professor was trying to give the girl mutual grounds for her to have conversations with the Potter boy. When the wizard exited the store, he found the witch waiting outside the door casually.

"How did you find me?" He queried and she smirked at him.

"Magic" she giggled and he chuckled along as he handed her the black owl, she cooed at it and it rested it's head against the bars to be closer to her. "Who is is this? He is incredibly charming"

"He's yours" the man informed, gaging her reaction. She looked up with wide eyes before grinning and throwing one arm around the professor, the other still clutching the cage. Dumbledore patted her back softly as he laughed. "Thank you so much Uncle Albus" she cooed at the bird again and the man was shocked and touched at the name she had called him.

"Come along then Azalea or we will never get to where we wish to be" he smiled gently and she giggled as she took the handle of the case. He took it out of her hands with a smile and she frowned but let his carry it.

*
   *
*
|
|
|

Later in the day when Azalea had purchased all that she needed, the pair was sat within the leaky cauldron beside one another, he had given her a butterbeer and drank a drink of his own that she did not recognize.

"This truly is amazing, far better than wine or water" she smiled as she drank the warm drink, she was far happier than she thought she would be. Before she had arrived in this time period, she would cry endlessly every night from fear of what the future would be. She was leaving behind her entire life to travel to the future in the hopes that the people there would believe her story.

"Indeed"

"This place is better than i thought it would be...i thought i was to arrive in a foreign place and have no source of comfort." The daughter of Hogwarts informed and he frowned, just now understanding the immense fear she must have felt.

"Let us just be glad that such events did not take place" he smiled as he continued to drink his beverage, he pulled out a packet from his pocket and popped a lemon drop between his lips.

"What are those?" She queried in confusion as she looked at the peculiar yellow unsymmetrical sweets.

"They are called Lemon drops, a popular muggle treat. Do you wish to try one?" He offered her the packet.

"No thank you, they seem to be a tad sweet for my taste and will likely spoil the taste of my butterbeer, though thank you for the offer" she respectfully declined as she continued to sip the frothy golden liquid. "Where to next?" She asked as she stroked her new owl through the bars of his Cage.

"We are going to meet your new classmates" he informed and she smiled brightly but was slightly worried that they would not like her.