♥1.1♥

*
   *
*
|
|
|

20th century

AZALEA HAD BEEN ASSIGNED A ROOM WITHIN THE BLACK FAMILY RESIDENCY AND THAT WAS WHERE SHE WAS CURRENTLY SITUATED. The daughter of Hogwarts had been given the room directly beside the room where Ron and Harry slept and she wasn't sure how she felt about it. She had dragged her suitcase all the way up the three flights of stairs on her own as nobody helped her and despite the lightness enchantment, it was still large and hard to carry.

The brunette had been passed by both Hermione and Ginny yet neither offered to help, she didn't understand what their problem was because as far as she was aware, she had done nothing to them. After reaching her bedroom, she had to walk all the way down the stairs again to collect Merlin and she did so grumpily. She wished she could use magic but Remus and Sirius forbade it.

As she carried the bird up the stairs, she sighed. She presumed that walking up and down so many stairs would tire her legs out if she had not previously lived in Hogwarts, the castle stretched wide and the walk from her room to the great hall had been a stretch. As she passed the boys room, she noticed the door was open and Harry Potter was watching her.

Paying little attention to the boy, Azalea entered her bedroom and closed the door softly. The room was of an average size with one bed and a few dressers though that was all it included. She placed her owl on the dresser and moved to the trunk. Everything within had been wrapped in various brown papers by shopkeepers though there was also random muggle outfits that she needed to organize.

She emptied the entire contents of the case onto the floor and began to unwrap the parcels with a downhearted expression. She was truly sad to be returning to her home, it was now full of people who disrespected it. After organizing books and clothes, she pulled out a small wooden box from the items. It had been given to her indirectly by Helena who had kept the possessions hidden in the castle for her.

Pushing up the brass latch that had been kept in perfect condition, she opened the box and it began to play and soft tune that was so familiar that it made her smile. Also within the box was an assortment of drawings. A painting that caught her attention was a picture of Helena hugging her tightly and it made her sad to know that she would never have the opportunity to hug her again.

With every photo she produced, more and more tears slid along her porcelain cheeks. One that truly cracked her heart was a moving photograph of her and Christopher (now known as the bloody baron) running around the halls of a Hogwarts castle. She remembered that day, she had been around eight and he was eleven and in his first year of Hogwarts. She had been friends with him for he had been friends with Helena and it pained her to know that the person she considered to be her brother killed her sister.

Also from the box, a black glistening tiara could be seen, it had been gifted to her by her mother Rowena for she always complimented how beautiful the diadem looked. A Slytherin ring, a Gryffindor locket and  a Hufflepuff bracelet all also resided within the box.

"Is everything okay dear?" A voice asked and she looked up to see Molly standing in the doorway, the founders daughter nodded and began to put all of her treasured possessions into the box once more, closing the lid and shutting off the music. Molly lingered for a moment but knew that if anything, the girl needed someone close to her and the mother Weasley wasn't that yet.

The girl had nodded and the door had been shut, from within the case she took her night clothing and her hair brush. She changed quickly and braided her hair in the way that her mother Helga used to every night before bed to avoid tangles in her curls. From the position of the moon and the darkness of the sky, she deciphered that it was time she slept.

Azalea Gryffindor Hufflepuff Ravenclaw Slytherin Hogwarts, now known as Azalea Jones stayed awake for a long time. Through the wall she could hear Harry and Ron talking to one another happily and she rolled over to cover her head with the blanket. Harry James Potter thought he had a bad life, he thought that he suffered the most but what about her?

She had been raised legitimately as a pig for slaughter, she was born to protect.... to protect a school, a building and only to protect. She was made of magic and when the war had ended and peace had found the corrupted world, she had been trained to slaughter herself, she had no use upon the earth in a time that was not hers and so when she did reach peace...she would die and she didn't think she was prepared for the world to end for her.

As she lay alone and awake in the dark, she silently wished that she had not been born in the first place. She was created to fight dark magic but that was what she was, how could human life be created any other way? She wasn't supposed to be alive which was exactly why when the war was over, she would be over.

After hours of rolling around and trying to sleep, she gave up and slid to the edge of the bed. She pulled on her dainty slippers beneath her floor length plain white long sleeved dressing gown and headed out of the room, hoping that her footfalls could not be heard and that everyone was asleep...luckily that was almost true.