Chapter 31 | Closer

Skylar Rose

 I looked at Dave, as he sat quietly

I looked at Dave, as he sat quietly. We had been back at his house for about 30 minutes and he hadn't said a word since we been here. I know it kind of messed him up hearing that his granddad could've almost died tonight. Thank God he didn't though, I know how much he means to my baby so I know that would've crushed him.
I walked towards the couch, crawling in his lap. I grabbed his face, making him look at me.

"You okay, baby ?" I asked. He just nodded.

"I'm gone be good. It's just," he sighed, putting his hands in his head. "that's my pops, the only father figure I got and I almost lost him tonight. He just so hardheaded. I told him to slow the fuck down man"

I grabbed his hands, making him look at me.

"Look babe, I understand that you're frustrated with him but you have to understand why he won't stop. He doesn't probably want to feel helpless. Him having this disease has stopped him from doing things that he was use to doing. It had restricted him from a lot of things and it's just messing with him that's all. But I got a feeling he is going to slow down now." I spoke, rubbing his shoulder.

"You right, just don't want him leaving so soon. I still got to make him proud. He need to be here when I expand my business. Get married to you, and put some babies in you. He need to be here for that." He said, seriously.

It was kind of a shock for him to mention marrying me and kids ? I mean we never spoke about that. I barely gave it a thought.

"I'm sure he will be here for it baby, he knows what he can handle and can't handle now." I assured him, making him nod. "Now, marriage ? Babies ? When you start thinking bout this ?" I asked, I was amused at the thought. Dave really didn't seem like the marriage type. Maybe the "put multiple babies in you" but not marriage.

"For awhile now, you the one I see myself with honestly. You the only female I know that's gone always be there and have my back through whatever. I know you ain't gone never give up on me easily. My family love you, I love you. You real special to me Sky, and I love everything about ya. So whenever we ready, I'm putting a ring on that pretty finger." He said, bringing my hand to his lips and kissing it.

I couldn't do anything but blush. I swear, he says the most sweetest shit at the most random times. It just be out of nowhere.

"Baby, if people knew how sweet you were." I said, smiling.

"Just to you, love." He said, rubbing my thigh.

"As you should, you got to be rude to these bitches." He chuckled at me, making me look at him. "I'm serious." I said, laughing lowly.

"I know, that's what's got me trippin." I shrugged.

"So, these babies you talking bout ? How many you THINK I'm bout to be having ? Cause Skylar ain't bout to be having a whole basketball team. Naw, that happening. Uh uh."