Chapter 30 | Series of Events

David Brewster

  I cleaned my station, getting ready to head out

I cleaned my station, getting ready to head out. I told Skylar that I would pick her up from work today so we could swing by her crib and get her some more of her things.

"Aye Ali, you think you could close fa me today ?" I asked him, I know it was last minute but shit. I wasn't bout to let my baby go to her crib by herself.

"Fa sho, I gotcha." He replied. I slapped hands with him and headed towards the exit. Saying a few goodbyes to the people I passed bye.

I slid in the car, about to drive off when I got a text from Jay.

From Jay : aye b, we got shit to handle. I know were he gone be at tonight. Feel like it's time to make that move.
                                                                           Received 3:56 pm

To Jay : it's overdue kid, what time
                                                                           Delivered 3:57 pm

From Jay : we gone roll out round 9
                                                                            Received 4:00 pm

To Jay : Ight kid, ima hit ya later
                                                                          Delivered 4:02 pm

I closed my phone, starting the car then pulling off. 20 minutes later I was there. I sat in the parking lot, about to call her when I decided to just go in.
I walked in the store, spotting her at the cash register. Before she could see me, I ducked off to the side. I looked through the lingerie sets.

"This shit some fire, I got to see her in this." I said to myself, rubbing my chin.

"Need any help, sir ?" I heard from behind me, making me turn around. It was my baby, with a small smile on her face.

"I'm thinking bout buying this for my girl, what ya think ?" She tilted her head to the side, then chuckled.

"You don't think that's gone be too tight on ya girl ?"

I shook my head. "Naw, that's the point. I'm tryna see every," I grabbed her hand, twirling her around slowly. Biting my lip, while glancing over her. "and I mean every curve on ha. Besides, it aint gone be on that long anyway." I shrugged. I pulled her to me, kissing her lips.

"I'm glad she off the clock." We heard someone scoff, making us slightly pull away from each other. I laughed, seeing who is was.

"Were you even come from ? Ole hatin ass." I said, making her roll her eyes.

"Ain't nobody hating on y'all overly dramatic asses." She said, laughing.

"We are not dramatic. You better go before I snitch and say you not doing your job."Sky replied, pointing at her.