Chapter 21 | Comfortable

Jay, Sky brother, in mm.😋

*******************************************************

Skylar Rose
I anxiously sat in the small diner, waiting my brother's arrival. It had been a few months since I seen him. He made sure to call and check up on me though but that wasn't the same as actually seeing him. Jay and I had never been this long without seeing each other. We were close and will always be. He has been my rock since we were kids. He took care of me when my mom stopped and our dad left. He always made sure I was straight and I admired him for that because it wasn't his job to do so.

The chiming of my phone brought me out my thoughts, making me look down at it. I saw that It was Dae, causing me to smile.

Dae😌❤️
You made it yet ?

                                     Me
                                    Yes, father. 🙄

Dae😌❤️
I prefer daddy.😉

I giggled, rolling my eyes.

                                    Me
                                    Ok, daddy.😋

Dae😌❤️
Wish I could hear you say that shit.

                                    Me
                               Why ? What would happen ?

Dae😌❤️
Don't worry, baby. You gone find out.

I bit my lip, trying to stop the blush from coming. To be quite honest, I really wanted to find out what would happen.
I was about to reply when I heard someone approach my table. I looked up seeing it was my brother Jay.

"Yooo is that my baby sis ?" He asked, playfully. I got out my chair, engulfing him in a hug.

"I missed you, teddy bear." I told him, calling him by the nickname I had given him when I was small.

"I missed you too, care bear." He said, kissing the top of my head. I giggled at the corny ass nicknames we had given each other, while pulling away. We sat down, grabbing the menus.

"So what you been up to ?" He asked me, looking up from the menu.

"Nothing much, just trying to finish school. You ?"

"Ya know me, trynna make this money." He stated, rubbing his hands together. I playfully rolled my, quickly replying to Dave.

"You talked to mom ?" Jay asked me, making me roll my eyes.

"Now you know me and that lady don't talk." I said, smacking my lips.

He shook his head, sighing. "Sky, have you even tried to talking to her ?" he asked looking at me. "Shit, when is the last time you even talked to her ?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "No, I haven't tried talking her and I don't know. And to be honest with you, I don't care so can we stop talking about it ?" I asked in an irritated tone.

He threw his hands up. "Aight, Sky." I just shook my head, looking down at my phone. Dae texted me some cute shit, causing me to giggle.

"What you over there giggling at ? You was just mad a few seconds ago." I looked up to Jay staring at me with an eyebrow raised.