Chapter 18 | Date Night 2

Husband & Deon in the mm.💜

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

David Brewster

"How you doing Gram ?" I asked my grandmother, June while pulling her into a hug. I wanted to stop by and see my grand folks for a minute before the lil date with Sky.

"Child, I been good. You would know that if you came by and visited more often." She let me go, while pointing a finger at me. I just chuckled at her, my grandmother was a real character.

My gram was a small, nice and caring lady. She always made sure I was good, anyone for that matter.

"What about pops ? Where he at ?" I asked.

"He at that damn shop of his, as always." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Well, has he been doing alright ?" I asked, concerned. My pops had lupus, that's why I always made sure to check on him. I understood why my grandmother didn't want him working as much. If he overworked, he could end up in the hospital.

"You know how Jarvis is, some days he's good and some days...well you know." She said, looking down. I rubbed her arm, trying to comfort her. I knew this was hard on her. She looked back up at me and gave me a small smile.
"Enough about us, what about you ? How's your business doing ?"

"I'm doing great, and business is growing everyday. Everything going good right now." I said, nodding my head. She just smiled at me.

"So, anyone new in your life ?" My grams asked, smiling. I knew what she was up to, she was just trying to be nosy.

I shook my head and stroked my chin hair. "Some like that, but we ain't gone worry about that right now." I said, trying to dismiss the subject because I know how she could get.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever boy, I'm gone know about it sooner or later."

"How if I ain't gone tell you ?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

" I'm just gone go to my other baby, Deon. He love telling his grams all the tea." She smiled big. I chuckled at her then made a mental note to let Deon talking ass know to keep his mouth shut about Sky and I. I wanted to let my folks know about her on my own time.

"Tea grams ? Who taught you that ?"

"Just cause I'm old mean I don't know shit ? Pshhhh, boy you better ask bout me." She said, waving me off. I started tripping.

I checked the time and got up. " My bad grams, but I gottaa head out. I got something to do later."

"Ok Dave, make sure you tell your brother come see me."

"Ight, let pops know I came by." I gave her a hug then headed towards the door. I walked out the house and made my way to my car, hopping in then started the ignition. I waved to her then pulled off.

A few minutes later I pulled up to tha crib, hopping out and making my way to the door. I went inside and dropped my keys on the nearest table, making my way to my room. I went straight to the bathroom, turning on the shower. I went back into my room, taking my phone, wallet and other shit that was in my pockets out and throwing it on the bed.

I grabbed my phone and texted Sky letting her know I would be there in a hour or so then put my phone on the charger. I made my way back to the shower then stripped out of the clothes I had on, hopping in the shower. After a few minutes I hopped out and grabbed my towel, wrapping it around my waist. I walked to my phone, grabbing it. I saw that Sky had texted me back saying she couldn't wait to see me. I smiled just thinking about how she was slowly but surely warming up to me.